Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Milemarker E9000

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 88K5Jimmy, Sep 15, 2003.

1. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

e-winches E9000

This was also in this months Petersons. I'm thinking this is a good price for a 9000# winch. Especially for someone that doesn't need a winch all the time but would be nice to have one.

That do you guys think?

2. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I'd rather buy a used 8274 (in fact, that is what I did) that thing is SLOW!

3. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

ITs no slower than any equavalent 9k electric. Other than the warn listed above.

Rumor has it that it was designed by ramsey, which later abandoned the project in favor of their Patriot series or something like that. Milemarker picked it up.

But you know, rumors, you need to double check.

4. burbBoy

burbBoy 1/2 ton status

I just got an E12000. So far it seams to work well. Yes its slower then some others but as long as it gets me out thats all i care about.

5. Judd

Judd 1/2 ton status

I just bought one, haven't had the time to install and try it out. Just could not pass-up the the price. Heck it even came with 3/8 cable. If it is as good or better than my old Ramsey 8K winch I'll be happy.

It was a toss-up between the 399.00 "new" Ramsey 8K {smaller motor than the old one I think}, the 450.00 Milemarker 9K and the 550.00 Warn M8K. I believe the Milemarker was faster than either of the others and it came with 3/8 inch cable where the other two had 5/16. It also had a hawse fairlead supplied {25-50 bucks or so}.

I hope I made the right choice,,,,I'll find out soon enough. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif At least it has a two year warranty if it's extremely crappy.

6. bigjbear

It's also slower than the HS9500 and the new 9.5ti. Its also slower than the Ramsey Platium.

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

we'd all like to have super-fast winches... but when it comes right down to it, slow is better than no winch at all. Us wheelers on a budget can wait for the cable to get reeled in. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j

8. burbBoy

burbBoy 1/2 ton status

Also, e-bay has the best price i found for these. One guy has the 9000 lb for $395 and the 12000 for 549.

9. bigjbear

you missed my point!
    [ QUOTE ]
    buy a used 8274 (in fact, that is what I did)

[/ QUOTE ]
    better winch, same price.

10. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

I agree. As long as it has power-out and doesn't overheat if you use it to pull the entire length of cable under load then I don't care if it only goes 3fpm. Most of the time I see winches used they only go 6-10' anyway.

Heck, I can even live without power-out.

11. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

I agree with BigJBear. I bought a 8000 Ramsey and it saved the day more than once. Slow IS better than no winch. Recently I bought a HS9500 from 4wheelparts for 699. I'm putting it on my truck and putting the Ramsey on a multimount. Slow IS better than no, but I would spend the extra and go fast. It's worth it. I already tried it.