Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

military 1.25 ton rear 14 bolt

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stumpjumper, Feb 8, 2003.

1. stumpjumper

stumpjumper Registered Member

i have a chance to buy a 14 bolt out of a militay 1.25 ton truck and i have been told they come with 456 gears and a detroit locker and that is exactly what i want in my truck but the guy that has them says they have 456 gears with eaton lockers and i was wandering if any of yall know for sure what are in these things , if it does have the eaton locker like what comes in some gm trucks i dont want it cuase i had one and it never worked like it should , any help from you guys will be great

2. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I was also told they come with a detroit but never actually looked at one. 4.56 gears is a definite.

3. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

From my exp. (being in the Army and actually owning one of these rear ends), I would say that IF it came from a CUCV it has 4.56's and a Detroit.

Rob

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

My 14 from a M1008 5/4 pick-up has 4.56's and a Detroit. I pulled the cover and verified that.

Rene

5. Sparky87k5

Sparky87k5 1/2 ton status

Both of my axles came out of a 1 1/4 ton military truck. Ratios are 4.56 and rear is Detroit, front is open.

6. stumpjumper

stumpjumper Registered Member

ok that great i guess im going to go ahead and get it , i have the 14 bolt in my truck tore down right now ready for a gear swap and locker but i can pick this axle up for much less than i can regear and lock the one under my truck now , the guy had several so im going to see what kind of a deal he will make me on all of them

7. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Not all of them had the Detroit (some were open) but that was the only locker they used. You will be hard pressed to find a Gov Lock with 4:56's.