Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Military Appreciation Month

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DukeBoy88, Mar 5, 2003.

1. DukeBoy88

DukeBoy88 1/2 ton status

Didn't know if this was appropriate to post here but. If you are so inclined, visit the Department of Defense web page below and sign a brief message thanking the men and women of the U.S. military services for defending our freedom. The compiled list of names will be sent out to our soldiers at the end of the month. So far, there are only about 4.2 million names. What a shame. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif
    It takes about 10sec.

http://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html

2. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

I think that would be a great idea. I'm on ADSW orders with the Marine Corps right now. We are in Texas and I miss my truck back in Georgia.

3. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Ya know, on a sorta-related topic, I saw an interview with a 18 year old service man (kid) in the Middle East now, awaiting the possibility of going into Iraq.

He was watching these anti-war protests on TV, and the kid asks the reporter "Are they gonna spit on me when I go home?"

Dammit, that's just *wrong*. (And reminiscent of Vietnam, in a bad way!) Whether or not we agree with the President, it's not that kid's fault he's doing his job. Heck, I stand behind that kid for doing what he thinks is the right thing. Whether or not I agree with Bush (and for the record, I'm all for smashing Saddam /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif ... that kid should get a welcome parade when (if) he comes home. He's risking his life for his country, dammit.

What IS this world coming to? Aargh.

[/soapbox]

-- A

4. GRINCH

GRINCH 1/2 ton status

5.7 Million and Growing........

Let's finish the job this time.....

Been there!!! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

thanks. people who go out of thier way to say thanks to those of us serving make me want to serve even more.
    grant

6. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

As a veteran of over 8 years of military service i can say with experience that it makes a difference to a soldier when he knows his country is behind him! Try spending long nights on guard duty...in germany...with snow on the ground...and trying to stay warm with your issue gear...makes ya really wonder what the hell you are doing in this predicament when the people at home are protesting yours truely being there...

Dremu hit the nail on the head....when service members raise there right hand and swear to support the prez...and defend this great nation no matter the cost...our job is not to reason why....but to do or die...we didn't start the trouble but we shall damn well finish it! So please...support the troops....even the smallest gesture is worth a million buxs to the guy in the foxhole...believe me...i know.!!!

Doug W. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif