Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Military Axles?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mud hungry, Nov 23, 2004.

1. mud hungry

mud hungry 1/2 ton status

I have a chance to buy some early 80's Military axles off of a blazer for $1000 guy didn't to know much about them can you give me any info on these? And is $1000 to much.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

WAY WAY WAY too much. Military blazers just have 10 bolts in them same as standard blazers. In fact they suck cause they have 3.08 gears.

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

seems like an ok price IF they haven been swaped out for 1/2t gear, if so then no.

if its a d60 and a 14ff seems like a good price to me could alwas offer a little less /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

axle id page

EDIT: i thought he was talkin bout a cucv with 1 ton gear never mind /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

4. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

If they are off a blazer then they are garbage, alot of people dont understand that chevy didnt do anything "special" for military trucks, we got blazers and k 30s, other than the diesels and 24 volt systems basically the same as off the lot.

5. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Military blazers have 10b's with 3.08 gears, exactly the same axles under a civi blazer. Infact, when I pulled out my stock 3.08 10b's and called a boneyard asking $100 for them they litterally hung up on me, really. I wound up giving them to a yard for $50 and lied saying it had a gov lock in it so I could at least get the $50. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

6. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

$1000 /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Tell him youll give him $300 for both. If he says no, tell him he can keep the gov loc and its carrier and give him $200. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    BTW- Paul. I havent been lately, but I found 2 new fourhweelers to go to uwharrie with us next season. My neighbor drives and xterra on 33's, and my friend has a wrangler on 33's. They arent the most capable rigs, but the guys really arent afraid to go up big trails. I know for a fact they, or at least the jeeper, would go up daniel with us. Anyways, I havent been since september because elliott left for canada b.c. in september. Hes usually my main wheeling buddy. Maybe I can get one trip in before it closes this year. Hows your truck doing>
    -Harrison

7. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I have a chance to buy some early 80's Military axles off of a blazer for $1000 guy didn't to know much about them can you give me any info on these? And is $1000 to much.

[/ QUOTE ]
    if you want military or have a chance to get them look for the M1008 that is the heavy duty 1 1/4 truck with dana 60 front and a 14ff in the rear usually at 4.56 gears. The M1009 has only a regular Blazer rears with a 3.08.

8. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

Try here Link type in M1008 on the search. There aren't any there right now but they come through there now and again.

9. mud hungry

mud hungry 1/2 ton status

Thanks for that info on the mil blazers. I believe that he has a set of Dana 60 front and 14bff rear for sale. How much do you think they should go for.

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

1000 would be plenty fair for those

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

M1009s do all have TH 400s though guys.

12. xanthias

xanthias 1/2 ton status

The ideal thing would be to buy a 1009 Blazer and then buy a "residue" 1008 truck (usually the body is trashed on these and they are missing engine/tranny and so are sold as "residue" without a title) and pull the axles out.