Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

military blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by braunm, Jun 17, 2001.

1. braunm

braunm Registered Member

I have a 84 M1009 military blazer with a 12 24 volt electrical system. I"m putting on some 12 volt items such as lights. I think that the starter and the glow plug are 24 volt and everything else is 12 volt. I just want to know where i should hook the lights up to. I was also wondering if it would be better to switch to a 12 volt system. I putting on lights and a winch so i would like to keep the two batteries and two alternators. Or should i just keep the 12 24 system and find a way to run my accessories? Thanks so much in advance!

Mike

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

Personaly, i would add a fuse box from a battery, put a relay in it from a keyed accessory fuse on the old box. all your acessories run off this fuse box. that way you have a fuse box dedicated to 12 volts. you dont have to spend money on buying all the 12 volt stuff to replace the 24 volt stuff. and you have enough power for a lot of lights and a winch.

1974 Chevy Blazer Cheyanne. lots of plans for it....
    but it is on 33's now, with saggy old springs. i am in so cali if ya got any parts for me.

3. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

warn makes a 24 volt winch, that would be pretty sweet, probably not what your looking for though - doug

Doug Krebs

4. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

You can convert the whole thing to 12volt real cheap go to the link and it tells ya how to do it all.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.RoscommonEquipmentCenter.com>http://www.RoscommonEquipmentCenter.com</A>

Scott
    78blazer