Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Military Blazers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazin'Grrl, May 28, 2000.

1. Blazin'Grrl

Blazin'Grrl Registered Member

I know a few of you have military surplus Blazers.....where did you get them/how much/ect....
    thanks for any input.
    [​IMG]

<font color=purple>Sarah</font color=purple>
    <font color=purple>[​IMG]'83 K-5 Silverado Blazer[​IMG]</font color=purple>

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>there's an armory near my house that has hundreds of them, they've been sitting for years, and nothing ever happens to them. I wish they would surplus them. The DRMS has a site where you can bid on military surplus blazers and 6x6s. Here's the url http://www.drms.dla.mil/htbin/government2.pl?FSC=2320 for trucks. the CUCVs are called "utility". You have to put 2320 in the FSC cearch. Or, steal a few from boot camp and sell them to us!</font color=blue>

3. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

Sarah

You can send them to us one part at a time and we will rebuild them we will gladly build you one too.Just kiding [​IMG]
    I would love to have one but I dont know where or have the money for one Good luck in boot camp. and remember we are all proud of you.

[​IMG]Go prepared
    </font color=red>90 k5 soon to be big, bad, and mean

4. dumbfounded

dumbfounded 1/2 ton status

You know I don't know why but I've always wanted one of those 6x6's I can't think of any reason to have one but I've seen some for $6000 with like 9000 miles. Anyone own one? Ridden in one? Just curious.

I didn't fart.....

5. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I don't own one but I've ridden in them a few times. If you have any dental work, strap your mouth closed because the bouncing, jolting, banging ride of one of them WILL jar your fillings loose!! Supposedly the only time they ride even close to civilized is when they're towing a M198 (155mm artillery piece, weighs about 16,000 lb.) Of course, they're nearly unstoppable and unbreakable...

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!

6. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

7. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I followed your link and have been to that site a few times. But I have a question, there are a few Blazers in Mechanicburg, PA and is the price beside them right??? The price says $32k!!!!

That cant be right, is it?

Mike
    82 GMC Jimmy "Emmett"
    IN TOO DEEP Off-Road Club

8. Andy M

Andy M Registered Member

Whew, finally got this board to work with my computer, it sure does love cookies! Anyway, to answer a few questions, the M1009, or military Blazer, is one of the more common ex-military trucks of the CUCV series that can actually be purchased by mere mortals such as ourselves direct from the military (the pickups are almost always taken by local govt unless they are totally beat). Prices on these range from a few bucks to around 3K, depending on who is doing the bidding and what condition the truck is in. Something that would be worth fixing typically runs around 1.5 and up. More labor intensive trucks are cheaper. To answer the question of the $32K price someone asked, that price is what the military figures it would cost to replace the item with a new one, this is not the sale price. The origional costs of these was between $11-12K when new (dont have the exact figure in front of me, but that is what the origional contract spelled out back in 1982 when it was made). Bidding on these trucks is via sealed bid, and I HIGHLY recommend looking at the truck in person, dont go by what is pictured. The military loves half-assed repairs, and stripping parts off these as well. Also remember that the trucks that are up for public sale are the ones that no self-respecting govt. agency would take for a few hundred bucks, they get first picks of the stuff that is turned in. Someone also asked about the dueces, these are usually in better shape (some of them) than the cucv's being sold since there is not much call for these at PD's or public works departments. I have heard that on the west coast dept's of forestry use these alot, so this info may not be true in those areas. Anyway, you usually can get a fairly nice truck for cheap with these. For a truck that probably just needs batteries to drive it out of the DRMO, figure about 1.5k to 2k. Also personally check these out as well, lots of missing parts on these too. The trucks on my site (M1009 and M35A2) were purchased for $750 and $1753. I have a bit less than $2K in the blazer, and still have to pick up the duece (paperwork pending), but I figure that the duece will come in at the $2k mark once I buy the batteries and small bits that are missing on it.
    Andy

9. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

My uncle had one(6x6) a while back, and it was fun. Yeah it did jar the hell out of you though[​IMG], but he mostly used it for going into town to pickup supplies. Would'nt mind having one for myself[​IMG]. Colemans surplus sells them.

YEEE HAAWWW[​IMG]

10. cityfarmer2

cityfarmer2 Guest

I have one that is now kinda a hybrid took the 6.2liter out and dropped in a 350SBC out of another 3x3 or six pack as we called them when I was in the military. I paid 956.00 U.S. dollars and have almost six grand into it now and tommorow an A.C. unit will be fully installed thanks to and drmo ambulance I got for 400.00. Keep looking they are out there but not so plentiful as they once were. Gary...

11. fredd

fredd 1/2 ton status

Andy,
    Glad to see you here on Col K5, instead of only on Dep's FAL list.
    Can't you convince Mike to get rid of his newest set of wheels and get him in a K5?
    I'm trying that since what seems forever.

fredd