Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

military bumpetrs & d rings

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by new2k5, Feb 13, 2003.

1. new2k5

new2k5 1/2 ton status

where would i find these? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifnone of the junk yards around me have any. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gifis there a place that sells em? iam looking for both F&R and the brush/grill guard. thanks

2. weisel

weisel 1/2 ton status

I found new D-rings at a place called Auto Saftey House. I have also seen them in some of my grandpa's machining catolog. I will post up more info when I get home and look at the catolog. Mabey they have a web site. I'll see.

3. new2k5

new2k5 1/2 ton status

i know where to get drings i meant the mount that holds the d rings that come on military bumpers /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4. hoosierk3500

hoosierk3500 Registered Member

Try Boyce Equipment.They sell complete bumpers,probably have what u r looking for. Jason 84 k3500 /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif 85k2500 /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

5. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I am in central jersey. I am going to be parting out a m1008 and two m1009 soon. Mail me at chevym1009@cs.com I will help you out. Later Mike

6. new2k5

new2k5 1/2 ton status

you've got mail /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. new2k5

new2k5 1/2 ton status

well the deal fe3ll through. no biggy. i tried boyce and they never replied to m so anyone else have any ideas. i have a lead on some but its in a yard 3 hours away and buried under several feet of snow

8. scott leckie

scott leckie Registered Member

What you need to do is find a military supply tech or a parachute rigger. That's me. Contact me with your particululars and I will set you up.....AIRBORNE

9. JIMs70K25

JIMs70K25 1/2 ton status

Have you tried 4X4 IRON? Ibelieve they have the mounts for the "d" rings. Not sure about the brush guard.

10. new2k5

new2k5 1/2 ton status

i was on thier site but didn't see any. but i wasn't really lookin for em there i was checkin out their rocker guards. i'll try again

11. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

4x4 iron has the rings and mounts and can make you some nice bumpers.
    grant

12. DukeBoy88

DukeBoy88 1/2 ton status

Not sure where in southeastern Pa you're at but there is a military surplus/junkyard in Millersburg, just west of towercity - lykens. Colemans military surplus, they have a website, don't have the address right in front of me. they have military pickups, blazers, Duece's, etc. complete as well as parts trucks sitting in the back, way in the back, might be a little difficult to get to until the snow melts. But I'm almost positive they have what you're looking for.
    www.colemans.com

13. new2k5

new2k5 1/2 ton status

i talked to colemans they have what i want but will charge double price if they pull it. so right no i just dont feel like layin in a foot of snow and water tryin to get rusted bolts off

14. scott leckie

scott leckie Registered Member

Do you have a picture of what you need. If I can get a pic I can get the part!!!!I know I have the D-rings at work.

15. BIG STEVE

BIG STEVE Registered Member

I get D rings at truck trailer dealers they have a half
    circle mount cut out so can weld it on. I made a bumper and welded tmem to it. cut out what ever size mount weldem on then weld or drill holes to mount the mount.
    I know not ever one has a welder or is one
    grab a guy with one or a shop offer them 20 bucks up front
    thell do it.
    90 jimmy big honken D rings /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

16. new2k5

new2k5 1/2 ton status

i really want th military ones they come throught he bumper. i also like thelook of the military grill guard. i plan to cut the ends of the bumpers on an angle. my dad can weld at his work but he is way to busy to take on my projects too /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif plus it seems everytime i call him i'm askin for something so i'll wait to i help him out a couple times before asking any more favors from him