Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

military chevy truck/blazer questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 88jimmyoungowner, Jul 6, 2002.

1. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

where can i get one? are they sold at auctions or are they at some web sitre. can i find them on ebay? i want to find an easy way to get parts like those have.

2. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

they do sell them at government auctions and ive also seen them on ebay.if you put in search word blazer in ebay motors and look for it there may be one.or are you looking for the pickups?they also sell some humvees at gov auctions.we had a place neer my base in barstow,ca that sold them also.

3. unicknn

unicknn 1/2 ton status

What part of the country r u on? Over here in san diego theres a military blazer in the auto trader. Its pretty cheap too. I think it has a desil engine.

Nick

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I think all the military blazers had diesels. There's not a huge difference between them and production blazer. Different electrical system, different lighting options, and various other little things. I think they all had th400's and most had 208 cases. I can't remember for squat, but a year or so ago I asked if anyone knew the exact differences between the military and production versions, and there weren't really many. I'd buy one 'cause the body's seem to be almost rust free on any I've seen up close...

Chulisohombre, were they Military Humvees? I had thought it was illegal to purchase a military version, or it had to be destroyed after you purchased it. I know there were 50 sold before that was put into effect a couple years ago. I've never heard of a military Hummer being auctioned off aside from that, and I've been watching and drooling for one for years!

There's a website that lists all the current military stock getting set to be auctioned off. I have it saved on my laptop, not handy right now!

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Don't forget another thing that diesels have...hydro boost brakes. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Out of all the government auction sites I have browsed, I have NEVER seen one Hummer up on the auction block, NOT ONE. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

I have read somewhere in my magazines several years ago that the Hummers do get "destroyed" once they have served their time in the services. Just guess the government doesn't want the general public to get ahold of these and do something stupid with them where the government might be held liable or accountable. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

6. mudrunner78

mudrunner78 1/2 ton status

actually its the deal AM Genral gave the government, AM general didn't want military auctions to hurt there 50k plus show room models.

There were somewhere in the neighborhood of 2k hummvees given to a certain contractor for a bid he did for the government, and thats where people see these models. I have seen the lots where these trucks go, it look s like a grave yard. but most humvees just get refurbished. Jesse