Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Military Pto winch question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sean'schevy, Jan 14, 2005.

1. sean'schevy

sean'schevy 1/2 ton status

I found a military style winch that is pto driven .I belive this winch was removed from a duce and a half. my question is the winches input for the Pto shaft is on the drivers side it was made to run on the front of a truck. I want to mount it in the rear of my truck either under the bed or in it. But my pto is going to come off my tcase on the drivers side facing towards the rear of the truck. can i rotate the winch upside down or make it work soemhow. im not to familar on how these winches work. i figure the direction the pto shaft would spin is controlled by putting the trans in first or reverse but does the winch have to spin a certian way to pull or is it the same amount either way(intenally winch wise will it matter). sort of confused please help oh yea and if it can work out is there a way/place to get the pto shaft made. the shaft on my pto off my tcase is preety small and the one on the winch is huge.

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i dont know mil ptos but the one i have has a chain sprockit on it and a short driveshafe with a small er on on it. so i am just going to run the shaft to it.

as for the winch, mount it where ever you want, and after you all done then spool your wire so it dosent mater if you flip it around