Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Military Rules for Non-Military Personnel

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big pappa b, Oct 14, 2004.

1. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Military Rules for Non-Military Personnel this was forwarded to me. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did. Go figure, authored by a Marine...

Please excuse the language - it is too good not to share.Thanks, Veterans! Military Rules for Non-Military Personnel "Dear Civilians, "We know that the current state of affairs in our great nation have many civilians up in arms and excited to join the military. For those of you who can't join, you can still lend a hand. Here are a few of the areas where we would like your assistance:

(1) The next time you see an adult talking (or wearing a hat) during the playing of the National Anthem---kick their ass.

(2) When you witness, firsthand, someone burning the American Flag in protest---kick their ass.

(3) Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest amount of respect to all veterans. If you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain how these veterans fought for the very freedom they bask in every second. Enlighten them on the many sacrifices these veterans made to make this Nation great. Then hold them down while a disabled veteran kicks their ass.

(4) (GUYS) If you were never in the military, DO NOT pretend that you were. Wearing battle dress uniforms (BDUs), telling others that you used to be "Special Forces," and collecting GI Joe memorabilia, might have been okay when you were seven years old. Now, it will only make you look stupid and get your ass kicked.

(5) Next time you come across an Air Force member, do not ask them, "Do you fly a jet?" Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot. Such ignorance deserves an ass-kicking (children are exempt).

(6) If you witness someone calling the US Coast Guard 'non-military', inform them of their mistake---and kick their ass.

(7) Next time Old Glory (the US flag) prances by during a parade, get on your damn feet and pay homage to her by placing your hand over your heart.

Quietly thank the military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her---of course, failure to do either of those could earn you a severe ass-kicking.

(8) Don't try to discuss politics with a military member or a veteran. We are Americans, and we all bleed the same, regardless of our party affiliation.

Our Chain of Command is to include our Commander-In-Chief (CinC). The President (for those who didn't know) is our CinC regardless of political party. We have no inside track on what happens inside those big important buildings where all those representatives meet. All we know is that when those civilian representatives screw up the situation, they call upon the military to go straighten it out. If you keep asking us the same stupid questions repeatedly, you will get your ass kicked!

(9) 'Your mama wears combat boots' never made sense to me---stop saying it! If she did, she would most likely be a vet and therefore, could kick your ass!

(10) Bin Laden and the Taliban are not Communists, so stop saying 'Let's go kill those Commies!' And stop asking us where he is! Crystal balls are not standard issue in the military. That reminds me---if you see anyone calling those damn psychic phone numbers, let me know, so I can go kick their ass.

(11) 'Flyboy' (Air Force), 'Jarhead' (Marines), 'Grunt' (Army ), 'Squid' (Navy), etc., are terms of endearment we use describing each other. Unless you are a service member or vet, you have not earned the right to use them. That could get your ass kicked.

(12) Last, but not least, whether or not you become a member of the military, support our troops and their families. Every Thanksgiving and religious holiday that you enjoy with family and friends, please remember that there are literally thousands of sailors and troops far from home wishing they could be with their families.

Thank God for our military and the sacrifices they make every day. Without them, our country would get its ass kicked."

"It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.

"It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.

"It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.

"It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

(Authored by:) Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC (Please pass this on so I won't have to kick your ass!) (LOL) "If you can read this, thank a teacher"

"If you are reading it in English, thank a veteran."

2. semper-k-five

semper-k-five 1/2 ton status

good read!!!
    i like it! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

You better...or I'll kick your ass /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Damn, I've got alot of ass kicking to do /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

John

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    (6) If you witness someone calling the US Coast Guard 'non-military', inform them of their mistake---and kick their ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but I resent this comment. The Coast Guard works for the Department of Transportation, now the Department of Homeland Security, and RARELY, IF EVER the Department of Defense. Until that day, it is NOT military, and I resent the fact that someone would even say so--unless they're on a DOD mission.

[ QUOTE ]
    Damn, I've got alot of ass kicking to do /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

John

[/ QUOTE ]

Please do. Especially the people that disrespect the flag by flying it in the dark, or at half mast when it shouldn't be, or burn it, refuse to stand at attention with their hand over their heart when they hear the national anthem, etc. That makes me absolutely sick to see people that don't even have the slightest appreciation for their freedom. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Sorry, but I resent this comment. The Coast Guard works for the Department of Transportation, now the Department of Homeland Security, and RARELY, IF EVER the Department of Defense. Until that day, it is NOT military, and I resent the fact that someone would even say so--unless they're on a DOD mission.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

7. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I'm sure the families of the 111 Coast Guard members killed in action in WW1 of the 8835 who served, the 574 Coast Guard members killed in action in WW2 of the 241,093 who served, the 8500 Coast Guard members who served in the Korean War, the 400 Coast Guard members who served in Operation Desert Shield, and the 1 Coast Guard member killed so far in Operation Iraqi Freedom would resent your resentment. Inclusive of a friend of mine who just served for over a year in Iraq as a Commander in the Coast Guard who saw daily action.

Not to mention the many men and women who currently serve under hazardous conditions doing drug interdiction, and other dangerous law enforcement duties around the nation. Are you saying it is more honorable to peel potatoes while wearing an Army reserve uniform once a month than to serve active duty on a cutter in Miami arresting drug runners? I have nothing but respect for anyone who chooses to serve in any capacity in any of our armed forces, including the Coast Guard no matter what their chain of command.

If you want to really whip yourself into a frenzy Tim, try these sites:

http://www.military.com/ Where they include the Coast Guard in the list of military organizations

http://www.todaysmilitary.com/index.php Also includes the Coast Guard specifically saying: "The U.S. Military includes the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, and Coast Guard, including their respective Reserve and National Guard formations."

http://www.defenselink.mil/ The DoD website that low and behold has a nice color pic on the front page of a Coast Guard petty officer making a cocaine arrest with a cutter in the background.

http://www.usmilitary.com/ "Your source for US Military Info" Recruiting website for all the U.S. military branches including, heaven forbid, the U.S. Coast Guard.

http://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html A U.S. DoD website that relates news of the war on terrorism. They actually have the gall to list the Coast Guard under their list of military units.

http://www.valoans.com/eligibility.cfm The Veterans Administration actually has the nerve to give a VA loan to someone who served in the Coast Guard. Just amazing ain't it?

http://www.military-network.com/ A website devoted to being a master link to military websites world wide for the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and......no, not again! The Coast Guard. Will the travesty ever stop?

http://www.armedforcescareers.com/ Even more recruiting for the "US Military Armed Forces" careers. Somebody needs to set them straight. They have the Coast Guard on there again.

http://www.grunts.net/ Now we've really hit rock bottom. Even the grunts recognize the Coast Guard. What is the world coming to?

8. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Good one Rat! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    RARELY, IF EVER the Department of Defense.

[/ QUOTE ]

I participated in 2 different training operations on both coasts where the USCG was operationally involved (not just SAR support) BEFORE 9/11.

USCG servicemembers are subject to the UCMJ. I think that means they're military, regardless of what Department funds them.

10. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

As a squid, its easy to give to puddle jumpers a hard time...but we are brothers in arms-be it DOD or DOT. (but admittadly, they do carry a lessor burden in the defense of our great nation) I say the last because the majority of the work by the coasties is rescue work-maybe some anti-drug smugglin work..honorable as it may be-not "military". They aren't trained for a sustained combat.

11. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

I'd say under "normal circumstances" I.E. when we arnt fighting a war...the CG see's more action then most soldiers....They pull dead bodies outta the water which includes familes and children!! They are constantly in the middle of the war on drugs! so dont belittle them by trying to pull technicalities outta yer A$$...thats just not right! In my oppinion anyone who serves and risks there lives for others deserves and has earned our respect...be it Soldier to cop /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I knew I'd catch flak for that, and I understand that there are certainly an awful lot of people in the CG that serve our country, but so to firefighters, police officers, paramedics, etc., in the same way. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

They're all heroes in a way, but that doesn't make them military either.

[ QUOTE ]
    Not to mention the many men and women who currently serve under hazardous conditions doing drug interdiction, and other dangerous law enforcement duties around the nation. Are you saying it is more honorable to peel potatoes while wearing an Army reserve uniform once a month than to serve active duty on a cutter in Miami arresting drug runners? I have nothing but respect for anyone who chooses to serve in any capacity in any of our armed forces, including the Coast Guard no matter what their chain of command.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess the Border Patrol, ATF, Customs, Postal Inspectors, and all the rest are "military," too. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Read my statement again. Specifically the sentence beginning with, "Until that day."

Oh yeah, and there are no combat arms soldiers in the Army Reserve either, so your lame attack on my service was a waste of your time. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Not to mention that I'm hoping my guys will get back before Christmas so my friend can see the baby that he hasn't seen since it was a year or so old, which is now nearly three years old. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

13. Desert Rat

[ QUOTE ]
    I knew I'd catch flak for that

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course you did, that is your M.O.

[ QUOTE ]
    I understand that there are certainly an awful lot of people in the CG that serve our country, but so to firefighters, police officers, paramedics, etc., in the same way. They're all heroes in a way, but that doesn't make them military either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely they are, but you notice I didn't call them military, just the CG

[ QUOTE ]
    I guess the Border Patrol, ATF, Customs, Postal Inspectors, and all the rest are "military," too.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, nobody said that but you.

[ QUOTE ]
    so your lame attack on my service was a waste of your time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now it is your turn to read my statement:

[ QUOTE ]
    I have nothing but respect for anyone who chooses to serve in any capacity in any of our armed forces, including the Coast Guard no matter what their chain of command.

[/ QUOTE ]

My comparison was between one person serving their country part time in uniform as a reserve, but whose job assignment is in the mess hall with another who is serving their country full time in uniform interdicting drug traffickers and also being activated in wartime to illustrate the absurdity of denegrating the CG assignment. The only demeaning of your reserve service was done by yourself. My point was both are military, both are serving their country, and to demean anyone in uniform who serves is worthy of resentment in my book. Apparently, based upon all the websites that I assume you didn't bother to check out, you are quite alone in this attitude. Kind of harkens back to the cops can't call people civilians post doesn't it? If you have websites that contradict the assertion that the CG is an honorable military service, feel free to post them up. If you have no basis for the assertion, other than it is your opinion, that is ok too. But when you post your opinion, and it is controversial, be prepared to have people take an opposite viewpoint. Then it comes down to whether or not one side's opinion has any factual information to back their assertion up.

14. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Due to the fact that this can only go south, and my opinion has been expressed twice now, I'm done here.

15. Desert Rat

Stir the crap and then run again eh?

16. olskool

olskool 1/2 ton status

I'm in the Coast Guard. TTT

17. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Thanks for bringing this to the top. It's fun to see Timmay getting his pee pee slapped, and it's good for the noobs to see the kind of antics that will eventually get a guy banned. :deal:

18. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

HAHA. He could get his ass kicked:haha::haha:

19. RubberFloorMat

RubberFloorMat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

nothing wrong with coasties, i stole ones girlfriend.

20. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Holy old thread batman