Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MILITARY SPEC WARN WINCH

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tonto, Aug 3, 2002.

1. tonto

tonto Registered Member

LOOKING FOR SOME INFO, HELP WITH A WARN MILITARY SPEC WINCH. IT IS CURRENTLY DISASSEMBLED, BUT HOPEFULLY ALL THERE. LOOKING FOR DIAGRAMS OR INSTRUCTIONS FOR ASSEMBLY. ALSO WHAT IT WOULD TAKE TO CONVERT IT TO A 12-VOLT.I HAVE NOTHING IN IT SO I FIGURE IT CAN'T HURT TO GIVE IT A TRY. ALSO WONDERING WHAT SIZE THIS THING IS, PULL RATING. THE ELECTRICAL CONTACTS ARE COATED WITH WHAT SEEMS TO BE A WATERPROOFING MATERIAL. I WAS TOLD IT IS THE SAME AS THE ONES USED ON THE HUMMERS. ANY HELP OR INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

depends on the year it was made, if you could get me the year and model number (should be stamped on the ring gear housing-housing where the free-spool handle is)I can tell you if you are still able to get parts for it...some you can, some you can't.

3. tonto

tonto Registered Member

THESE ARE THE ONLY NUMBERS THAT I COULD FIND.
    ON THE ELECTRIC MOTOR PLATE= M-MRV-C-3
    N-15617
    S-9-85
    ON THE RING GEAR= 4U46U1
    THESE NUMBERS WERE STAMPED ON THE RING GEAR UNDER WHERE IT APPEARS A TAG USED TO BE. THE NUMBERS ARE= 1471

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I used to work at warn and I used to build the military winches...this is what i know
    M-MRV-C-3....24v Motor
    S-9-85....Sept. 9, 1985...Date and YR it was made
    4U46U1...Ring Gear Part number
    1471...Serial number
    where was the N-15617 located

5. tonto

tonto Registered Member

IT WAS LOCATED ON THE METAL TAG ATTACHED TO THE ELECTRIC MOTOR, THE NUMBERS WERE RIGHT BELOW THE MRV-C-3, LOCATED ON THE SAME TAG.

6. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

the N-15617 is part of the motor number.
    Getting parts for this might be kinda hard, some of those older military winches they don't make anymore, but that one is only 17 yrs old, so they might still have parts. goto www.warn.com and either email them your questions or get there 1-800 number off the page and call them, they will be able to tell you if you can still get parts. Hope this helps.