Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Military Surplus

Discussion in 'The Tool Shed' started by 1-ton, Mar 16, 2006.

1. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Is the stuff you see for sale on Military surplus auctions any good? I am interested in things like drill presses, compressors, milling, lathing machines, and other shop equipment. Some of the stuff looks like it has been sitting outside in the rain, snow, and dirt forever, but the equipment appears to be in one piece. Any experiences with buying equipment from these auctions?

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

if you are looking at the stuff at pendleton let me know. i can check it out and get more pictures for you. also i may be getting stationed at 29 palms soon, so same with there.

the stuff can be hit or miss on anything from tools to trucks.

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Make sure that you either look at it or talk to someone who has. Some of it is in decent shape, some is downright scary. Either way, you bid and win, you will pay for it.

4. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Old Pendleton Marine base. I have not been there in about 15 years. Back when my sister was in the Navy, stationed at Miramar, and her husband was a pilot flying Cobra helicopters, stationed at Pendleton, they lived on base housing in Pendleton. I also had a ton of friends that where stationed at El Toro and Tustin back in the day.

Currently the only stuff up for auction in Califorina, is up North. This 1986 V3500 Crew Cab (Lot #8971) goes up for auction 4/10/2006, if anybody is interested. It is located in Herlong/Sierra, wich is located a little North of Reno, NV right on the Cali/Nevada state line.

[​IMG]