Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

military wheels type 2

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by skidpan, Mar 13, 2006.

1. skidpan

skidpan 1/2 ton status

I have a new set of rims and tires. I was origonally planning on just putting new wheels on the military 325 85R16 tires. But I still have the 6 lug front end, and cant afford the swap to 8 lug... The rims i got are HEAVY as hell.. and have a I believe 8 bolt pattern with a huge center hole It looks like 8 or 9 inches.. I was thinking about having a plate that will bolt up to my 6 lug and then bolt into the extremely large 8 lug rim.. or even have the plate welded to the center. I could also have another plate that will eventually bolt to the 8 lug front end as well as the 8 lug wheel. Ive been looking fo a pic of the wheels, but i cant find anything.. I know they are the bead ring type wheel. is there any dissadvantage to running these besides the weight?

2. skidpan

skidpan 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]
    this is the wheel... any one have experence in these?

3. 85HeartBurb

85HeartBurb 1/2 ton status

Those are LAV rim's those are heavy get some CUCV rims they are 16's also and you can still run those Michelens'

4. skidpan

skidpan 1/2 ton status

I do have another set of rims.. i just feel its going to be some back breaking labor to get these broke down, and then remounted on the other rims. I dont want to pay a tire shop 200 bucks to break them down. I guess Ill just take my time,( my backs been acting up lately, so it may take me a while)...