Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Milkshake on the dipstick....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dirtwarrior17, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

Ok I have done 3 oil changes on this thing after i rtv the water ports and i still get milk after a day or two. I know you are supposed to use new intake gaskets everytime you pull the manifold off but with the rtv i figured it would be ok. Is this a gasket problem or is it more major? not a head gasket and unless the heads are cracked it should be the gaskets but i can't tell until i can come up with 30 bucks for oil and gaskets. Anybody had this problem?

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

You're getting coolent in the oil. If you recently had the intake off, I'd bet that is your problem.

3. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

oh yeah..... my bad forgot to say i pulled it off and rtv the water ports without changing the gaskets. My question is will the rtv be enough on the old gaskets or will old gaskets be useless no matter what i put on em?

thanks in advance

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

are you using the front and rear gaskets?

5. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

And you think your EBAY find is better than a Ramjet..... :haha: :p:

You should always use new intake gaskets if the intake gets removed. It's obviously not worth trying to save the couple bucks when you have to completely tear it all down again, spend that couple bucks you tried to skimp on for the gaskets you should have bought in the first place, and have to spend more money on another oil change.

6. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

Not sure what u mean... I used the two gaskets that it came with, just plain intake gaskets. There is a rubber gromit on front and rear of the manifold. The water ports are on the old gaskets and they have been sealed with the rtv on em. My bro did the right back port. Maybe it wasn't rtv good enough...

7. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

oh jesus.......

never said it was better just cheaper... but who cares? Been a week.

I had intake gaskets but returned em for store credit before i had milk in my motor.

New gaskets then?

8. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

buy a new intake set.. when you get it, open it and throw out the front and rear rubber gaskets.

clean all surfaces properly. install side gaskets. make a 3/8" bead of rtv on the ends all the way across. do not use the front and rear seal. you can drag a tad around the water jackets too. torque in proper sequence to spec..

i'd bet that motors had the block or heads milled, closing that end gap. bet the rubber gaskets are keeping the corners from sealing properly..

9. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

sweet

10. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

If you have had as much water go through the block oiling system as you have stated, then it is already too late. Your engine will throw a rod or spin a main pretty soon.

11. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

If i run it you are definitly right. It is sitting in my driveway and hasn't moved for about 6 months. the motor has been on and off milk for about a month and hasn't run over 10 min with water in the oil. My last oil change was real bad but it barely has any in it right now. the motor has only been in the truck for 2 months and isn't even broke in yet so it hasn't had to do any work and if it runs for a minute or two to see if i have bad plugs i check the oil before. It has barley any water at all in there right now because its the third oil change i;ve done in 3 weeks but the more it runs the more milk it gets so its sitting until i get 50 bucks.

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Water in the oil isn't really an issue. Antifreeze will wipe your bearings clean of oil and wipe out a crank pretty fast.

Oh, btw, you're a complete moron for not changing those gaskets. Last I checked, an intake set is $9.99 at Autozone for a Fel-Pro.

13. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

16.99 not including the front and rear seals.... dude i literally have 2 bucks in my wallet.

Its all water no antifreeze. don't need any because it's not moving for a while. no smog or throttle cable adapter.

14. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

:grin:

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Fel-Pro gaskets include the front and rear seals which you throw in the garbage and use RTV.

America was built on credit, but if you're so broke you don't have $10 to your name, you should probably start walking to a job.

Your custom machined Ebay POS sure is paying off in down time, now isn't it?

16. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Im still opting for the horse and buggy :grin:

17. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Yeah, so when his buggy is broke, he'll still have a friend. :grin: :grin: :grin:

18. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

BAHAHAHAHAH!!!! :grin:

Oh man, this is too good :grin: ,,im having a hard time holding back,,,,its just hard:grin: :grin: :grin:

I thought his motor was up and running and was better than the super cummins plus? Oh Dirtwarrior, were gonna have some fun with you!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin: Bahahaha!!! AHHHHHHH!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

19. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

No seriosly,,,, in another thread you said the heads were 34 years old. Mabey they are warped or something :confused: ,,i might go through and have a machine shop check out your stuff before putting something that old back on. One time my intake was warped (even thought it was brand new, ) so mabey just check it out before you put any stuff back on,, Good luck, Jacob

20. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

you guys done yet?

16 bucks is better than another 3500 in my opinion....dude i need gaskets and now its a pos lmfao. :surepal: :haha: :screwy: .

don't know about you but i bought fel pros for 16 about 4 months ago and it just came with the intake not the front and rear seal.

lol great im gonna get this every post now.

Yeah i don't know **** about the heads except they are camels and have had minor work done to em. I know they had a 3 angle valve job but i don't think they're bad. I took off the manifold 3 times without swapping the gaskets.... probably the problem.

I'm cool with the down time because i don't have the money to get my license back, registration, smog, chip, and gas so i'm hoofin it all over now. Sent out mad apps to construction companies today....damn im broke.:p: :pimp: :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.