Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Million Marijuana March *If you like to wheel you may want to read more*

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Greenblazer-AZ, Apr 4, 2002.

1. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

I will be attending The Million Marijuana March Saturday May 4th at 1:00 PM in Tucson, Arizona. It will start at the north east corner of Mountain & Speedway in the courtyard of the Aerospace Engineering building at the University Of Arizona, Tucson. There are going to be similar events all over the country and the world that day. Even if you don't smoke marijuana you should attend one of these events, and learn why MARIJUANA PROHIBITION IS BAD for you. Your freedom is in jepoardy, and if you care about being free (to wheel for example) you owe it to yourself to find out the truth that the government doesn't want you to know, and the government controlled media won't tell you. To find a March near you go to the website:
    www.cures-not-wars.org
    I really belive what my sig says, and if you knew what was going on with our government's war on freedom, also known as The War On Drugs, you too would be very concerned. I've researched this issue for over 6 years and I'm shocked and appalled by what I've learned. I firmly belive that you too would feel the same way, even if you're a cop. If you knew the truth and still approved of Marijuana Prohibition then you apparently don't belive in America, The Constitution, and Freedom.

2. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

Re: Million Marijuana March

I couldn't agree with you more, Allan. In this country we are all fed too much propaganda about marijuana and I still have a hard time understanding why alcohol is legal and marijuana is not.

3. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Since you are pretty well versed in the topic, maybe you can answer a question I've been pondering for a while - Has anyone ever figured out if it's possible to isolate the medicinal components of marijuana from the "high" inducing components? I was wondering after reading an article where they were giving marijuana to kids with really advanced mental disorders and it was highly effective, but therein laid concerns of respiratory risks, possibly permanent neurological damage to incompletely developed cells, and just the sociological impact of kindergarten aged kids smoking. Just curious...

4. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Legalize will never happen.
    there is no way that that the gov can make any money from it if it is legal.
    I know guys that brew thier own beer but on the whole it is a drop in the bucket.
    Growing pot is a hell of alot easier than brewing beer.
    if pot was legal how many people would be going to the mini mart to get a 1/4 ?
    It's all bullshit.. there are people going to work drunk, getting drunk at work and pot is the evil drug.
    Granted lots get stoned at work too.
    The bottom line is that the gov can't make money on it so it is out.

5. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

The majority of the cost of a Fifth of Bourbon (for example) is govt taxes charged to the brewers......if Pot were legalized and taxed in the same manner as liquor, the revenue base would be pretty substantial......THC has been isolated and is used in Eyedrop form in the treatment of Glaucoma......it doesn't get you high, but it relieves the pressure that builds up in the eye as a result of the disease.....it also shows up in a Urine test after being used in that form.......I don't think that many people would "grow their own" simply because it would be far easier to get a better product (year round) by simply going to the Package Store and buying it prepackaged.......I think Pot should be legalized and sold in Liquor stores since mostly all it does is make you stupid and give you bad breath......we hear a lot more about drunk drivers that run over a busload of Nuns at 100mph than we do about "stoners" that get run over for doing 25mph in the fast lane......just an opinion....

6. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

My friends grandma just was given some pills of it to take. She has terminal cancer and can't eat and is not a happy person due to being so sick. Her doctor told her daughter what they really are but mom doesn't know what they really are (she wouldn't take them otherwise because she's got the idea she'll be a druggie then). Doc told her the big long technical term..... anyhow she seems to be a bit better then she was.... granted she can't eat a steak bbq meal, but she can eat things to some degree which she couldn't before....I think in cases like this then more power to them and it's great. Personally if it's someone wanting to get loaded for the heck of it then nope.... maybe someday we can come up with something but for now it's not something I want to see (just too much is open for the actual impact it does to someone which seems to me long term use is too far unknown yet). Of course when you think about it it's probably no worse for you then cigs, alcohol and other drugs.... all can be very addicting and all can lead to health issues.... but like someone mentioned to me before until the gov can find a away to make money off of it it'll be illegal..... and personally if you ask me it's always about if the gov can reach their hand in and make cash because that's where their interests lay.... it's never about peoples health and safety... if it were they'd be outlawing cigs if you think of the cost of lost life per year cuz of them.... anyhow my .2 cents.....

7. Greenblazer-AZ

In answer to your first question,
    "Has anyone ever figured out if it's possible to isolate the medicinal components of marijuana from the "high" inducing components?", Not that I know of. As far as "respiratory risks" they are exaggerated by prohibitionists. Real science has shown that someone that smokes tobacco is actually helped by smoking marijuana. There are other ways of taking marijuana such as, vaporizers that do not contain nearly as much if any of the harmful things that burning it has. There are also tinctures and they are developing an inhaler similar to those used by athsma sufferers.

I have read numerous medical studies and scientific reports that show that MARIJUANA ACTUALLY PROTECTS BRAIN CELLS! These are legitimate "peer reviewed" scientific medical studies as opposed to bunk science that prohibitionist produce with the agenda of maintaining prohibition. I have read studies that show that marijuana may be a potential cure for certain types of cancer. Think how much money the pharmiceutical companys would loose if a cure for cancer was found.

I know that some of you will scoff at some or all of this, but I too was someone that thought that marijuana was just a dangerous drug untill I did the research. Now I know that marijuana is only dangerous to those trying to keep it prohibited for the sake of profit and political power over the people. I for one still belive in the constitution, truth and freedom, and there are more and more people finding out the truth about the atrocities of the war on marijuana. Prohibition didn't work for alcohol and there are more reasons for prohibiting that than there are for marijuana.

Those that doubt that marijuana will ever be legal are out of touch, probably because they get all their information from the television and newspapers. All over Europe countries are seriously debating and legalizing or decriminalizing marijuana.

To borrow a phrase from www.marijuananews.com ,
    "Freedom has nothing to fear from the truth." Again I'd like to refer to my sig, and it goes for anyone that belives in freedom, justice, saving the enviroment, helping the economy, FEULING THEIR RIGS, feeding starving people, curing the sick, and on and on... IF YOU KNEW THE TRUTH YOU TOO WOULD BE AGAINST MARIJUANA PROHIBITION!!!! That goes for cops, judges, doctors, teachers, parents, and people of all walks of life including CK5ers. The only ones that who would still want to keep it illegal are those that are making money off it's prohibition, and those that wan't to end freedom and controll the people or enslave them.

Speaking of enslavement, the prison population in this country is higher than any other country in the world, and those prisoners are being used as slave labor by private prison corperations. Prison labor is very profitable and kept pretty hush hush. The only time it's mentioned is to make it look like prisoners are being rehabilitated. Profit is the goal not rehabilitation.

I could go on and on, but I'll stop and let you all think about what I've said. Just remember that I was once on the side of prohibition, I even applied to become a California Highway Patroll Officer before I found out the truth. BTW I was accepted but I changed my mind and moved back to Hawaii. I now know the truth about this evil war on marijuana and I will continue to tell people about the truth untill prohibition is ended, and America is once again the land of the free instead the land of the incarcerated slave.

8. HuskerBlazer

HuskerBlazer 1/2 ton status

"As far as "respiratory risks" they are exaggerated by prohibitionists. Real science has shown that someone that smokes tobacco is actually helped by smoking marijuana"

"I have read numerous medical studies and scientific reports that show that MARIJUANA ACTUALLY PROTECTS BRAIN CELLS! These are legitimate "peer reviewed" scientific medical studies as opposed to bunk science that prohibitionist produce with the agenda of maintaining prohibition. "

Just a question, what scientific journals are these? I have never, ever seen these results in any of the respected medical or biomedical research journals.....

9. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Think how much money the pharmiceutical companys would loose if a cure for cancer was found

<hr></blockquote>

Just think of all the money Dorito's would make off of it... How about taco-bell since they are always open late... /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif/forums/images/icons/wink.gif/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

10. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I dont advocate the use of drugs........ however, in my case, they've ALWAYS worked!! I smoked weed in colij and usually fell asleep and everyone else drank my beer. Don't sell it to my kids and I don't have any problems with it. I just don't smoke it anymore.

11. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

No offense dude but I'm pretty darn sure smoking pot doesn't protect your brain cells.... that's like saying smoking cigs makes your lungs pink and drinking a 24 pack of beer will make you a better driver.... everyone I have ever been around who has smoked pot became stupid as a bag of hammers when loaded up. Then you come to my friend who was smoking it and decided it made him such a great softball player he'd drop out of school and leave his wife because he was so clouded up with it he couldn't get his head out of his butt.... I agree marijuana has great benefits to those who are ill. I even think if you wanna smoke it go for it it's your choice and crap it's no worse then cigs and alcohol.... but to say it protects your brain cells that's almost crazy.... if it protects so well why are babies born who have been exposed to it so messed up? I have never read or heard of anything from a valid medical journal, hospital or anything stating this.... where did you read this? I'd never be convinced of this until I saw it was from a recognized association and not some lone rider advocate who did tests in his den with his buddies... like I said it has it's benefits.... but it also has it's evils.... I just don't buy it saves brain cells...

Oh and to say pharmaceutical companies won't recognize marijuana because it's cost them so much money... that kinda pretty much crazy talk.... I understand they are out to make a buck but to come up with a cure would be worth far more to them then to hide one in the dark and allow millions more to die of it.... how much do you think people would be willing to pay to be well.... I'm betting lots more then they would be to pay to sit in some hospital and die from it.... but that's just my .2 cents again.........

12. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

Reading this post made me hit my bong...just a second.....................ahhhh had to exhale. lol

Yes I do, And no Im not....

: )~

13. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

The respiratory risks I'm referring to aren't related to the drug itself, it's from inhaling any kind of smoke - If smoke wasn't harmful, we wouldn't wear SCBA's when fighting fire - right? As for the other methods of use, that's what I was really curious about - smoking does lack social acceptability today, no matter what's being smoked. Thanks for the answers, but I admit I am still a skeptic as for marijuana as an uncontrolled substance. I've seen too many who have been ill-effected by the drug - mostly teenagers. I just don't know if it's an acceptable risk vs benefit profile. If we were to legalize it, who's to say that the newly formed marijuana corporations wouldn't find a way to strengthen the effects, and add chemical "addiction enhancers" like they have with tobacco? I really think there needs to be more mainstream research into the drug before I could consciously consider it safe.

14. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Re: Million Marijuana March *Read My Reply to Pugsley*

uh.... let's see here.... I was gonna say something, but I forgot what it was...:)

15. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

What the frig?? I posted in here today and can't find my post!!!

Anyway, I just wanted to say that in 10 years of smoking cigarettes here in NY, I went from enjoying a smoking section, to pretending to enjoy a smoking room (that you could choke on when you in), to smoking outside, to a pack being so overtaxed that I quit.

I just can't see how something that would be more protested than cigarettes can become legal. I dunno, I just think they should back off on cigarettes if they're gonna let mary jane go free.

16. Greenblazer-AZ

It will take some searching to find the source of this information but it is a fact that there are antioxident(sp?) compounds in marijuana that protect brain cells there is a pharmecuetical company in Israel that was developing a pill to be used in protecting the brain cells in stroke and drowning victims. Most of this information was found on www.marijuananews.com which puts newspaper articles pertaining to marijuana on the net. They don't write them they just find them and report them. You are obviously buying into the prohibitionist propaganda. Just because a stupid person, or an unreliable/emotionally unstable person happens to be a pot smoker doesn't mean that pot is the cause of the problem. There are millions of otherwise law abiding marijuana smokers that are hard working, good people, that use marijuana responsibly. Just because you knew a couple of losers doesn't mean that their problems were caused by marijuana. If you use that kind of argument then anybody that drinks is an alcoholic and a drunk driver. Let me say again that I too was once against marijuana and in my years of sceptical research I have found so many reasons why marijuana prohibition is wrong, and it is completely amazing to me how successful the prohibitionist propaganda has been. During Presedent Nixon's administration there was a study done by the government that said that there was no logical reason for marijuana prohibition, but Nixon ignored it. I could write about this all night and still never convince someone that refuses to believe that our politicians are lying to us about marijuana, and that the media refuses to take on this lie. You are the only one that can make the decision to research the issue and find out why marijuana prohibition is bad for America, and you. The statements that I have made are based on factual information. I have come to conclusions that someone that has not been exposed to the truth may find difficult to belive with the amount of propaganda put out by the media and government. If you are curious enough to do a little research read the book "The Emperor Wears No Clothes" by Jack Herer. His book lists all the sources of information and much of it is from the US Government's own documentation. He also has a $50,000.00 dollar challenge to prove him wrong. If you're are so sure that what you've read in the paper and seen on tv is right prove him wrong and get 50 grand to spend on tricking out your rig. I don't mean to offend anyone but I firmly belive that if you knew what I know you would be really pissed off by what is going on in this country's war against freedom. I mean your freedom not just the freedom of a few "loser potheads". Scoff if you want to, but I'm sure you'd be saying a few expletives in amazement if you were to discover the truth. Holy sh!t is one that I find myself saying. BTW recent polls show that 76% of Americans do not support arresting and jailing marijuana smokers. I'm not the only one that knows the truth, I'm just one with the cajones to speak out. I'm sick of seeing 3/4s of a million lives ruined each year by being arrested for marijuana

17. Greenblazer-AZ

Ciggarette smoking is dangerous, so is riding a motorcycle, driving a car, skydiving, flying, and wheeling. Should they ban those things? Should people that chose to do something that is risky be criminals? No one has ever died from smoking marijuana. Should people that choose to use marijuana for medical reasons or for enjoyment be criminals? My answer is of course not, but I've done the research, and I know the truth.

18. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

...............................................(cough cough) yo man, I got the friggin munchies......

19. Greenblazer-AZ

20. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

No one has ever died from smoking marijuana

<hr></blockquote>
    Not wanting to be a jerk here, but that is COMPLETELY untrue - it has been documented via several studies - most by universities (typically anti-government establishments) that there are deaths. Some reasons are indeirect to the marijuana itsself, but the common means of use (I've never seen a filtered joint - easy upper respiratory damage) Some are more directly related to the effects, which it is well known vary from user to user. Some get "mellow", some go into depression of biblical proportions - this is where suicides, harder drug overdoses, and random acts of stupidity become involved. While obviously the numbers attributed to alcohol and tobacco are exponentially higher, so is the usage profile. It's very hard to constitute a clear number - much as the kid smoking his first Marlboro gets hypertensive from the nicotine and blows an aneurysm is not listed as a tobacco death but a cardiac death, the kid who smokes marijuana and aggravates existing depression over little Peggy Sue in the front row calling him a geek and decides to blow his brains out will be listed simply as suicide. Both are exceedingly rare cases, but also have happened in the USA during the last 10 years. Would further restriction of one substance, and decriminalization of the other change things? No - there'll always be the older kid to provide the cigarettes, and there'll always be the at home pot farmer.

Both sides of this issue have some points that need resolved - and we need totally independent 3rd parties (like Underwriters Laboratories) to review and provide the full blown truth of both views.