Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Milwaukee grinders and drills

Discussion in 'The Tool Shed' started by 8_YOUR_H2, Apr 14, 2006.

1. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I have recently converted from buying cheap HF stuff 3 times a year to getting one good brand hopefully not as often.

Item's #1 and 2 were a milwaukee sawzall and milwaukee chop saw to replace the junk HF that broke just like clockwork. Around this time of year my grinder and drill usually take a dump and I am thinking of going milwaukee for those too. Just wondering if milwaukee makes good drills and grinders too or is there a better brand for about the same price range?

It is so funny to compare the HF sawzall to the milwaukee. The milwaukee is such a quality item. The chuck is so much nicer, I am still on the same blade with no bends after a good 2 days of steel destruction.

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

milwaukee sawzalls can't be beat..Our shop one was 20 yrs old and worked like a champ..

We where real happy with our 4 1/2 Dewault grinder, that tool took a beating and ran great...

3. 84zz4ss

84zz4ss 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I can't comment on the grinders. But all three of the milwaukee drills I have are still going strong. Tha newest one is at least 10 years old. They handle the abuse.

4. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

I've had my 4 1/2 " Milwaukee grinder over 5 years. It has cut 100s of feet of concrete, steel and wood. The only thing I dislike about it, is the blade guard. The spring detent wears out fast, then the guard does not stay where you want it.

5. dcubb

dcubb 1/2 ton status

Milwaukee drills are QUALITY without a doubt. Small angle grinders, my vote is Metabo or upper line Makita. Used quite a few over the last 16 or so years in the environmental/construction industry.

6. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Milwaukee is the only drill i'll ever buy again. The 1/2" drill has enough torque to damn near break your arm if the drill bit bites too hard.

7. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I have a Milwaukee grinder, drill and sawzall that I bought severall years ago, not one problem with any of them.

8. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

We use Milwaukee all the time at work, as do most of the contractors I work with. If their 1/2" hole shooter doesn't break your wrist when it catches, the Hole Hawg sure will. Excellent tools.

9. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

i have a ridgid 4 1/2" grinder, love it

10. JDNobodi

JDNobodi 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I've Milwaukee products. Good products but the only complaint I have are the cords don't last. At least the cords are easily replaceable on the 1/2 Holeshooter and Sawalls.

11. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Milwakee corded sawzall's, drills, angle grinders, and portabands are good stuff. I work in HVAC and we beat the hell out of our Milwakee sawzall's every day and they keep coming back for more. I have beat the hell out of my Milwakee angle grinder, portaband, and 3/8" drill for years and they are still alive and kicking.

Milwakee's Chopsaws are good but some of the models triggers are known to fail regularly. I had one of the nicer Dewalt Chopsaws and it kicked butt.

For cordless tools I really like my DeWalt 18v stuff. You can put a hurting on them too and they keep coming back for more.

Harley

12. AzzKicker

AzzKicker 1/2 ton status

For cordless stuff I don't think it gets better than DeWalt. I use all Tools from DeWalt.

ChopSaw
    SawzAll
    Drill
    Cordless Drill
    4 1/2 Grinder
    Even the nice Dewalt Extension cord I got free with the SawzAll

So far they are all working as hard as the day they were new. I've used the SawzAll to cut 20+ 2" Pipes before I was able to get a Chop Saw. I do a Lot of Welding now and my Grinder sees a lot of action as does my new ChopSaw.

As far as Milwaukee I have used some of their SawsAlls and Drills and they have performed very very well as well.

I think you will be happy with your choice. I stopped buying cheap power tools a long time ago.

13. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i have the drill and angle grinder. I have left both of them out in the rain many times. There pretty tough.