Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mini /bagged trucks....I've got a 5" body drop..... and I sold it!!!

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by 4GUNZ4X4Z, Aug 7, 2003.

1. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Mini /bagged trucks....I\'ve got a 5\" body drop..... and I sold it!!!

Just wondering who here has the opposite of their fullsize K5? I've got an S-10 Blazer that I'm working on. So far it has a 5.5 inch body drop, 4 linked rear end, I've got it set up for bags, and I've got the frame powder coated. Lots more to do like put in the 350/700, run bags w/duel 1/2 ports, and find a 1 piece front clip. I've got the inside totally gutted from back to the firewall and I need to start on that. I plan on running the master cylinder in the frame rails, so thats gonna take awhile. I don't know... just lots of stuff to do to it not to mention I've got a 72' Nova to finish, but heck pretty much done with it.

Anybody else got a mini that they're working on or own?

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

Re: Mini /bagged trucks....I\'ve got a 5\" body drop.....

i dont personally have one but i know a couple people with them and i think its a pretty cool setup to have bags and a HOLE cut in the bed to drag frame...

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I think it's cool you're customizing your vechiles. I personally don't like the whole lowered thing, but then again I grew up in a town with lots of railroad tracks and even more pot holes, so it's not like something that would have worked for me. Also, it wasn't anything we did when I was a kid.

4. Fry

Fry 1/2 ton status

5" body drop is pretty huge, plan on draggin doors?
    I have a daily 96 s10 that the old lady drives its dropped 3/4 and I just sold the 17s of it. I have bags & valves for it but am thinking of selling them and putting more money in the blazer. Its a nice little quick truck fun to drive. I was thinking of picking up another mini, body dropping & baggin it for a daily so I can tear apart the blazer, maybe after winter. got any pics?

5. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Yeah now just to clarify thats a body drop not a lowering kit. I actually cut out the entire floor and moved it up 5 1/2 inches. I have yet to put on a lowering kit. I plan on running 18" wheels in the front and 20" in the rear. Yes I do plan on dragging the doors. My intensions are to be able to set the body all the way on the ground. If any interest in pics out there let em know and I'll post some up.

6. Fry

Fry 1/2 ton status

I know what a body drop is, I'm in a club with several body dropped trucks. One is an S10 body dropped on 20s all the way around with irs & a 350/700r combo. All I was saying about your body drop is that it is unusually large for an s10, usually people body drop s10s 3 1/4" to lay rockers so a 5" is rather large, which is why I assumed you were going to drag doors. Assuming that it is all tradional bd I hope your not very tall cause thats not going to be much head room, a few of our trucks are layin door and theres no head or knee room. Post some pics if you've got them

7. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

it sounds like a neet project if you get i pic post it up i am not in to low riders but i do like good sound energing /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Hell yeah, post up some pics. Slammed mini trucks may not be my thing, but I'd still like to see pics of your truck(s).

9. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Ok I'll get some pics this weekend. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Fry yeah the tall thing kinda worried me at first, but since I did it with a blazer I can put the seats anywhere I need.

Also I'm seriously thinking about moving the steering and controls to the right side. I'd love to cruise down the road steering from the passenger side. What do you guys think? Everyone else I talk to about it, shoots it down except my brother. I mean its not everyday you see a steering wheel on the right side of a S10 blazer.

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Also I'm seriously thinking about moving the steering and controls to the right side. I'd love to cruise down the road steering from the passenger side. What do you guys think? Everyone else I talk to about it, shoots it down except my brother. I mean its not everyday you see a steering wheel on the right side of a S10 blazer.

[/ QUOTE ] I think that would be really cool. Only draw back I can see is it'll make it diffacult seeing around the vechile infront of you if you need to pass. You also might want too check too see that it's leagle befor you get started on the mod.

11. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Re: Mini /bagged trucks....I\'ve got a 5\" body drop..... and I sold it!!!

Sold it about a week ago and I must admit I don't miss it. I actually broke even on the sale, such as time and money put into it. That doesn't seem to happen very often.