Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

mini mart owner, not a joke

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ducttape114, Mar 22, 2003.

1. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

so me and a guy i work with walked to the mini mart across the street to get lunch. the owner is from Pakistan and is a preety nice guy. so at the register my buddy says to him "you came from the middle east didnt you?" he said he did. so my buddy asked how he felt about what was happining. the guy starts talking about how presedent Bush was a murderer. tell ya what, im not buying anything from there ever again!!!!!!

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

me neither.... what's the address /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

During the Gulf War, an Iraqi-born shopkeeper in Edmonton, Alberta hung some pics of Saddam on the front window of his store to show his support for his homeland. When questioned by the press, the guy admitted that he wanted to see Saddam win by killing all the "infidels".

Let's just say that the locals weren't pleased. I seem to recall that the place got torched a couple of nights after the story hit the papers.....

4. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

If these fools feel that way, WTF are they doing here in our countries?! If they still feel so patriotic for their countries they should be back THERE selling rugs and lamps and smelling camel-dung! They came all the way here to enjoy our freedoms and the chance to prosper. Those benefits come free to them...they didn't have to sacrifice their ancestor's lives!! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

A real good friend of mine is from India, he was just over there in January, too.

He says we should have gone in and wiped them out long ago. He calls Iraq a breeding ground for terrorists.
    Pakistan, btw, is basically a Muslim India. Make what you want of that, I have my own opinions about the core of Islam...

6. ducttape114

hey brandon, its the Santa Cota Market in santa ynez. the one on sagunto street. yeah, i just dont get it. i mean what was he thinking saying that? even if he feels that way why the hell did he tell us? oh well, he just lost two daily customers, not my problame.

7. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

What the ****!? You're not gunna buy from him becuase he is against the war in Iraq? Hel-fawking-lo, this country was BASED on freedom of speech/religeon/thought.

Because he doesnt support the president doesnt mean hes a traitor or a terrorist! My gawd... if we all HAD to support the president, it might as well be a totalitarian society.

I may be the only one, but i think you're being a little hypocritical.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." - Voltaire

8. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

There's a big difference between disagreeeing with someone and calling them a "murderer"..... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

9. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Some would say OJ is a murderer /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

10. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

If OJ ran a minimart, I wouldn't buy from it either.

11. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

lol--you have it out of perspective... the murderer isnt running the minimart.

If somone who said OJ was a murderer (or contrarary to your belief, said he was innocent) would you buy from his store, or not buy for that reason?

12. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

yea, but OJ drove a bronco, nuff said /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

yea, but OJ drove a bronco, nuff said /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

ROFL ! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I thought about this for a minute while spackling (funny how you think about everything and nothing when spackling). I was trying to be humorous, but I do see your point.
    While this is america and we are all free to pursue our own beliefs, etc., I wouldn't buy from someone I fundamentally disagree with. Not because I want to drive them out of business until the earth is littered with minimarts with owners that think only like me, but because if the business's fundamental belief's (the business reps the owner) conflict with my own, it's not logical for me to continue to support those beliefs by continuing to buy there.
    This is a troublesome paradox, but I guess my bottom line point is, "If I would argue about a fundamental with you, there's no reason for me to give you my money instead of someone I wouldn't argue with".

16. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

then i guess if i owned a minimart, you wouldnt buy from me...
    lol j/k i see your point, and i know you were being humerous (i think so atleast) but i dont know, you make a valid point, it was just kinda shocking to think that theyd stop buying becuase of his beliefs... but to each his own right?

17. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i would have set my stuff on the counter and walked out /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif oh and i would pass this info on to everyone in that area i could /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I agree with you!! They came here to enjoy the freedom! They prosper in it and condem it at the same time!!

19. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    If they still feel so patriotic for their countries they should be back THERE selling rugs and lamps and smelling camel-dung

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    They came here to enjoy the freedom! They prosper in it and condem it at the same time!!

[/ QUOTE ]

They are not condemming their freedom, or this country. They disagree with what bush is doing and so do MANY other people. Does this mean we should deport all of them ?

He calls bush a "murderer," and thats his way of expressing his opposition to Bush's decision... is everyone supposed to agree with everything every single beauracrat decides?

What about taxes, or abortion, or whatever. If bush outlawed abortion and raised taxes and you said He's an idiot. Does that mean you're denouncing or condeming this country ? NO!

20. ducttape114

the way i see it, the United States, President Bush, me, the mountains i wheel in, the house i live in, all make up this idea of "America". now if you talk sh!t on any of the above things, you are talking sh!t on America. and when you do this, i have a problam. when you call the leader of my country a murderer you are basically calling my country, myself, my family, and so on, murderers. this is not good. and rather than stomping on his face as perhaps i should, i choose to show my disagreement by not supporting his bussiness anymore. if he said "i think that Bush is being to quick to react and he should wait for the UNs aprroval" i would not have a problam, although i would dissagree, i would still purchase my gadorade and choc-o-diles form his store. however, he came right out with the murderer thing. **** him, i will walk an extra block to the other store and support somone who appriates the country we are so lucky to live in.