Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

mini project entitled :"STFU"

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazeonchevy, Aug 2, 2006.

1. blazeonchevy

blazeonchevy 1/2 ton status

Jan 13, 2006
    so ive been wanting to make this truck quiter to ride in. at 55 you have to talk pretty loud so the other person can hear you and at highway speed your yelling.... so what are some options on sound deadening matting? im wanting to do mostly interior things.. not putting different tires or anything... so any tips that yall have used to keep the road noise down would be great. going to get a radio friday and i want to be able to hear it..:doah: and trust me it would take a LOUD stereo to overcome this truck....
    there is a suburban at my house that i was thinking about takin the stock matting out of but im not sure if it would be as good as aftermkt. so all advice taken into consideration..thanks -sam-

SUPER'BURB 1/2 ton status

Jan 9, 2005
    Look into dina-mat or dyna-mat (spl?)

They make products that go under the carpet, door panels and they have rolls you can cut to size.

It's kinda pricey but from what I've heard it works.

I used an indoor carpet mat under my carpet and it works pretty well. I also used an indoor carpet (cut pile not shag).
  3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Sep 3, 2002
    **** dynamat. we've been discussing it in the lounge for some reason the past few days.

there is lots of stuff thats just as good and WAY cheaper.
  4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Jul 24, 2003

I had a roll of that bubble wrap stuff they use when shipping fragile items cluttering up my garage,and when I did the floors over on my truck,I decided to put it under the OEM jute pad and carpet,all the way from the back wall to firewall..

I couldn't believe the difference!--the truck stays toasty warm longer in the winter,only need to use the blower fan for about 5 minutes,and the heat drives you out of it!..its so airtight now,I have to slam the door to shut it,if the wndows are rolled up!.and its SILENT now,a lot of guys who ride in it say "man,this truck is QUIET!"...I also notice a lot less heat in the cab in hot weather too--my old 74 K20 had bare steel floors,and you could fry eggs on the floorboards!..

Home Depot and Lowe's sells similar stuff thats silver that comes in rolls--my brother made a headliner for his 41 Studebaker out of it...its a lot cheaper than that "Dyna-Mat" stuff..:crazy: