Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mini-Storage places. How much?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 73k5blazer, Apr 7, 2007.

1. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

How much do those mini-storage places charge for one of thier regular size units? I've never rented one.
    We are going to list our house for sale and want to clear out as much furniture and stuff as possible so it shows better.
    Only the big city places have online pricing and it's like $100/month for a 10x10. :eek: How much on average are those places, in more rural areas?
    Just trying to get ideas, I wouldn't be able to check myself until monday, and I'd like to have a plan by then because I'm out of town for work all next week.

My buddy 1.5 hours away will let me store stuff in his barn, but it's 1.5 hrs away and there may be many trips. I'm just trying to get ideas, I checked the stupid pods things, great idea, ridiculously priced. They wanted $391 due upon delivery including the first month, $100/month and another $80 to come pick up the pod. That didn't include "moving" anywhere, just to have a pod to store on your property. Holy crip, for a couple of months it would be $571.

So, how much do you pay for those mini-storage places and what type of area is it in?

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

my uncle has one in the middle of nowhere, he said it runs him like $10 a month. i have no clue how big, big enough for a pack rat though.

3. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

$10/month!!! Wow, I need to find that place.

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I had 2 just finsihed moving into my new one. the old one was 12 x 36 for $125 a month and the new one is 15 x 48 for $160. power and lights

5. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

I am paying $150 for a 22x30