Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mini-Vandalism: Really irritating

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Sep 7, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I don't have any big things to complain about, but after stopping by to check on our other place, only to find every camper messed with, I'm irritated.

Nothing was really stolen that I could tell, partially cause there's nothing of any real value up there. It's been several years since we've actually stayed there for any period of time... so it looks like an old abondoned campsite with a bunch of junk around and 4 campers and 4 trailers and a couple buildings.

Two of the trailers had the hasps pried off the doors, one had marks where they tried to pry a door open, and all others that werent locked were open, stuff strewn about.

I think it was kids that did it. Probably bored, wandering around the woods, and wanting to see what treasure they could find. Well, all they found in a "treasure chest" looking thing in one of the trailers was old blankets. They did manage to find my dad's snatchblock though. It was laying on the ground. I grabbed it and took it home after closing everything.

Why must people intentionally vandalize property for no reason? (We also discovered a perfectly good windshield in a friend's K5 now spiderwebbed).

It's just irritating.

2. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I might get flamed for this but I think **** like that happens because parents dont beat that ass anymore. :mad: If I ever pulled **** like that I knew I was gonna catch an ass whoopin. It was a very good deterent. Kids today (not all but it seems like a majority) have no respect for other peoples property. Parents are not raising their kids they just have them.

Ira

3. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

Ding Ding Ding
    "what do we have for him, Jim?"

4. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm 18 and until about 16 I was scared of my dad, and I turned out a pretty good kid. Punishment works, period.

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm 35 and until tomorrow am still scared of my dad if I get caught doing some stupid S**t like that. :D

6. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Exactly!! My Dad may not be able to whoop me anymore but I'll tell ya what, that man (and my Mom, for that matter) have my utmost respect. They have better ways of keepin us in line.

I'll tell ya what as well, I bend over backwards any time they need help.