Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Minimum fender trimming

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chev4life, Mar 10, 2004.

1. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status

I have looked through search for hours and everyone I have seen cuts the hell out of their fenders.....I have a 4" lift F/R, 1" ORD in rear, extended shackles in front, and 35/12.5 SSR's on 16x10" 4.5"bs rims, what is the minimum amount of trimming I can do to not rub. I know it will rub now so trimming is needed, but I want to keep my rig as stock looking as possible, trim and all if I can.
    Pics in my sig on page 10.

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Look in my link below. That is my truck on 2.5" lift. I lifted to about 4" or so. I still need to cut my fenders more then they are in those pictures but I don't think by a whole lot more.

Harley

3. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status

Do you or can you get a pic of the side of rig direct at your cutting so I can check out the lines?? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Did you have to do anything special with the inner fender?

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I cut the inner fenders some. It is kinda hard to explain but what I did was try and make the inner fender pliable on the bottom so if the tire did hit them it would push back into the free space behind it.

I did this by cutting part of the lower mounting surface (where the inner bolts to the outer) away. I think I removed 2 or 3 bolts mounts on the inner fenders so it doesn't hold it to the outer fender for the bottom 8-12" or so. It moves freely.

The outer is cut back from the black transition in my paint down to where the fender bulges out on the inside down by the rocker box.

5. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Put the tires on and try it.

6. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status

Oh, there on...dont rub unless I hit a speed bump right now /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Just need to cut them soon so I can do my mall rating /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

7. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Here's a pic of mine with what I would consider minimal cutting. I was able to save and re-use the wheel well trim to help keep the factory look.

[​IMG]

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

You must have a hard time getting in your truck, /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status

Are you sure you're 16? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Lookin a little young there.
    Truck looks great, that is what I was looking for...going to do mine today, will post some pics.

10. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Where did you get that bumper from? Looks good.

11. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    I built it myself. Look in my member's rides section using the link below to see some others I've fabbed...

12. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    I built it myself. Look in my member's rides section using the link below to see some others I've fabbed...

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not a member yet so I cant /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

13. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Hey chev4life, I just bought a new set of (5) 35" on 16x 10" wheels and am trying to decide if I should go 4" with cut or 6" without. I would like to see exactly how much needs to be cut and from where. I think it might be worth doing. My wheels have a 4.25" back spacing, so almost the same as yours. I currently have no lift, so I want to do it right the first time. I appreciate if you pass me any info you get or the route you decide to go!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]

Im not a member yet so I cant /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Search for all posts under DP_90K5 (see option in his profile), you should find a few posts showing different front and rear bumpers. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status

Well got it done, along with my ORD steering brace. I will have pics up in a few hours. Came out good I think, now I just need to test it and find some flexable trim for the fenders...any ideas?

16. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status

Got the pics... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

Very nice! Looks great! Very unitrusive as far as looks are concerned if you are going for the stock look. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Kris

18. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

looks good... now you need to get some 38's and stuff them in there /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif then cut some more /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif then get some 42's /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif then can the fenders /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif then go 4 link and coil overs /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif then rockwells /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif then 49" IROK's /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

19. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status

What are you talking about I will never get bigger tires than these /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    Ah the joy of having a bitchin truck! I love these things!

20. 78k20

78k20 Registered Member

Truck looks great, thanks for posting the pic and nice job with the cutting! I've been concerned about this for a while with mine-I'm currently running a 2" rough country lift with 35's and want to upgrade to a good 4", yet was worried about how much cutting would be needed. How are you liking your 4" superlift so far? Did you consider any others?

Thanks, and Best of Luck

Mike