Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Minimum lift for 33" tires

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BOBBYR, Jun 7, 2003.

1. BOBBYR

BOBBYR Newbie

Minimum lift for 33\" tires

Do you need a lift to run 33" tires without rubbing?
    If so whats the minimum

2. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

Re: Minimum lift for 33\" tires

I'm running 33-12.50 - 15's with no lift. They are mounted on 8" rims -- it is my understanding if mounted on 10" rims they would stick out and hit the front of the front wheel wells.

No rubs - but then again, about the only off roading I do is my long dirt driveway.

a couple of pics here:
    http://briefcase.yahoo.com/rrenthome

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

it depends on the backspacing of the rim if you keep the tires inside the fenders you can do it with no lift if the stick out past the edge of the fenders they will rub thats how i have 38's on mine with only 2.5in lift and trimming /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. BJarvis354

BJarvis354 Registered Member

Mudhog, Could you elaborate on what size rims, backspacing, tires you have and how much "trimming" you had to do? It looks like you get a ton of flex! Also, what springs are you running? And on the rear do you have a 2.5" shackle flip or blocks or springs?? Do you think you would have to have done any trimming if you had the ORD 1" body lift?

TIA, Brady

5. mudhog

my rims are stock chevy steel rims they have no backspacing and are 6.75in wide i run 38x13x16in tsl swamper's and can air down to 5psi in the sand without blowing a bead. i have front rancho 2.5in springs and rear blocks for now (soon to be 4in front springs and a 4in flip in the rear) yes i do get lots of flex i can max out a 23 degree rti ramp the way it site with no swaybar and i have not installed my rear shock relocation kit yet or put the ford shock towers on the front /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif yes i would still have had to trim with a 1in body lift as well here is a good pic of the trimming i did http://community.webshots.com/photo/34157279/34157364XyLVkO

6. BJarvis354

BJarvis354 Registered Member

Man that blazer looks great man. I'm jealous. My blazer is jealous. The American people are jealous. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I have really gotten some ideas from your answers and somewhat unconventional setup. Thansk Again Mudhog...Now back to the original thread...

7. mudhog

thank you for the compliments an no problem on the ideas /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. JIMs70K25

JIMs70K25 1/2 ton status

Stock rims w/ no backspacing? Wouldn't they be all backspacing? I think stock rims have about 5" of backspacing, if not they'd stick out about 7". That would put the rim out an 1" further than my 15x10s w/ 4" of backspacing.

9. blazerman

blazerman Registered Member

I'm running 33" with no lift, but my susp. is not exactly flexible. I think 2" or so would give enough room to do some moderate flexing.

10. POFF

POFF 1/2 ton status

I have 33x12.50s on stock steel 8x16.5s and a 4" lift (4" front springs and a shackle flip). My 33's just clear at full flex. I don't usually air down past 20 PSI though.