Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Minor Earthquake Reported In Western N.C.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dontoe, Aug 25, 2005.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Link!

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Whole lotta shakin goin on!

We had a minor quake here a few weeks ago,centered near East Freetown MA,not far from New Bedford,about 15 miles from my town!..I heard a sound like a sonic boom,but muffled,and my quonset garage rumbled a bit,and the overhead door rattled (I thought someone was trying to open it! :eek1: )--but I went outside and looked,nothing there!( I was in the garage at the time!)...no damage reported,just another minor tremor..they say we could get a big one here in the northeast someday,that we are overdue..hope I dont live to see it!..

The weather is nuts this year!--have you watched the weather channel??--Floods in germany and romania,record drought in portugal,and many areas in the USA,record high temparatures,Hurricanes,Tornadoes,Typhoons,wildfires----maybe the bible was right --maybe we ARE approaching our last days! :eek1: :eek: :yikes: :1zhelp: :crazy:

3. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Me and the wife were awake and felt it. I went outside to listen for an explosion or look for a fire somewhere. Once I saw nothing I knew what it was. I actually filled out a report on the USGS website. I wasn't a big one by any means but it did get our attention