Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Minor electrical issue

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by larsfrog, Jul 3, 2004.

1. larsfrog

larsfrog Registered Member

A while back I had a small electrical fire ('86 K5) that melted the window control switch on the drivers side, I replaced it and everything was OK (both windows rolled up and down fine). A couple of weeks later I found out that from the drivers side the passenger window was fully operational, but from the passenger side the window would only roll down, only roll up, and sometimes it would work as expected. Whether the window would roll up or down would change everytime I started my car. It is not that big of a deal because I can control the window from the drivers side but it just seems odd that from the passenger side it only works either up or down. Let me know if anyone has any insight to this dilemma? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I'd say either the switch itself is bad or the wiring to and from the switch to the window motor.

3. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

switch is probably good since its new. check the wiring carefully to that window. sounds like there is a break in that circuit...