Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Minorities

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Resurrection_Joe, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

African-American, Asian-American, Native American, Hispanic-American

NONONONONO

**** YOU !

YOU'RE AMERICAN!

If you were born here, you're American

GRAH GRAH RAH RAH GRAHHHHHH !!!

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

as long as people seperate themselves into groups we will never be one, I call myself German-American but only when someone starts crap about African-American or such.

3. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Funny, I work with a white guy from South Africa. He got fired from his last job when he asked the resident militant Black Power "African-American" if he'd evn been to Africa? He also asked him if his community action group would let a REAL African-American join, even if though he's white. Heh heh.

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Pretty much sums that up! Now the last time I checked there was that little thing in the 60's called the civil rights movement, which gave equal rights to all citizens. Therefore We are all equal in the eye's of the law. So no one should be be given any special lable attached to their heritage. Other wise I am a Heinz 57-American:grin:

5. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

word dog.:laugh: :laugh: i'm romanian/american.:p: and german, dutch,irish,etc.:laugh: :laugh: but i was born here so i'm american.

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

omg, thats some funny chit. Of course its sad that the guy lost his job. You can better dollars to donuts if the black guy had been giving the afrikaaner guy some crap about being african nothing would have happened to him.

at any rate, a lot of black guys in the military that ended up going to somalia/ruwanda etc had a real eye opening experience. Other than skin tone, there really is no relationship between the two groups whatsoever.

my family is mostly german. Lots of Prussians and Bavarians in the old family tree. There is also lots of other crap in there. Personally, it doesn't matter to me. I'm born and raised American, and thats the bottom line.

j

7. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

The only time I hyphenate my citizenship status is when I'm drunk and somebody gets me going. Then I identify myself as an Irish-tempered-American:D , sort of as a disclaimer to limit my liability if the trangressor continues to endanger his personal well-being...

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

The civil rights movement was a good thing at the time, but now it's used so people of certin decent can get prefrence over others. My personal opinion is when applying for a job, ethnic back ground shouldn't mean jack, the best qualified person should get the job, forget racal deversity. Don't get me started on the united negro college fund. Although a good thing, very unfair. How quick would a united white people college fund be sued as a racist group ?? I could go on and on, but I'm sure y'all know where I'm comming from.

9. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

yeah its is every ware, even here.

there are frenchCanadians.

why we need to distinguish because they might speak a diferent languge (mabey)

and there are lots of dumb this that go with that, i could explane a ferw but i get the feeling i dont need to argue that the french are stupid here:grin:

10. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Amen, brother. What some of these "ethnic groups" don't realize, is that America's enemies don't give a **** about their heritage, the only good American is a dead American, in their opinion. Once some of these idiots realize this though, it will be cold in Hell.

John

11. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Well said, RJ. We can all thank the liberals in this country for covincing these groups that they need there own identity, and worse then that, they have convinced some that we as a country need to compensate them for the way they were treated as a group in history.

I can't even tell you what it is like to live and work in and around Washington, D.C., where some many of the minorities spend so much time getting as much as they can out of the government, acting like we as a society "owe" them. What they don't understand is the all of the social programs in the world will never give them their sense of pride back unless they get out and work to support their families in the manner this country was founded.

That is one reason that I somewhat admire the Hispanics that are coming here. Most that I have dealt with are very loyal to their families, and I have met some that come here alone for work (and work hard), to turn around and send the money back the their home country to support the family.

Anyway, a bit off subject, but I agree that we should all call ourselves Americans and work toward maintaining a common goal- freedom.:usaflag:

12. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I have many hispanic friends , and they work hard . My friend Pedro's family came to USA years ago , he was born here . He has a job , wife , children . He doesn't complain , he puts in his time . They still have their sense of Identity , family foods and traditions , yet they speak english and acclimated . He is considered to me one of the best MEN I know .

Someday , someway , if we don't blow ourselves up first , maybe more people will get what its like to contribute to their world :usaflag:

13. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Hmmmm, are the millions of immigrants in the US not American then?

I wasn't born in Canada, yet I AM Canadian and damn proud of it. I'm certain every immigrant in the US feels the same way if they have pledged allegiance already.

I don't think anyone deserves any special treatment because of their ethnic background, skin color, race, creed or religion...yet I also feel that we shouldn't have to turn our backs on our former lives and homes. Making mention of my country of origin doesn't make me any less a citizen, neither does speaking my 'first' language, or partaking of anything else that is more prevalent in the 'old' country than it is here.

Rene

14. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

immigrants are American in my eyes if they came her legally. If he jumped the border, you aren't American. I understand why they come here, but I am cold for the most part and don't really care. If we are all big warm hearted liberals taking care of the poor and letting immigrants keep flooding in, sooner or later this country will be one big cesspool.

15. tRustyK5

Your entire country was founded on doing exactly that (so was ours...)

"Bring us your poor... etc etc"

Isolationism is much worse than the status quo.

Rene

16. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Most of them don't quality for that title in my opinion, especially those that only come here to make money and take our jobs, and send that money back to foreign countries.

17. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Think about it, alot of the Hispanic's are doing the jobs most of us don't want, are willing too work harder for less pay, do the seasonal work. Don't get me wrong, but I have alot of respect for the hispanic who come here too work so they can suport thier famileys. That's more then alot of people living here are willing too do.

18. tRustyK5

After they have earned the money doing something that most people wouldn't 'want' to do, how is it your business how they spend it? How is sending money to their family any of your business, or different than any American family spending their money abroad while on vacation?

You probably spend more on imported products than a lot of these people send 'home' each year...

Rene

19. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Those jobs are available because the majority of North Americans are too "proud" to clean toilets, pick cherries/apples/oranges/lettuce/andonandonandon, wash floors, etc.......

Once they earn their wage they can spend it as they wish. Unless I'm missing something?:dunno:

20. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

yeah that is the situation all over, almost every farm around here is worked my mygrant workers, from every wear, because canadian kid and amaricans, dont want to do an honest days work for an honest days pay, why are there so many on welfare when there are so many jobs to be had.

they work long long hours for many months, mantaining brocolli (or what ever)feilds because no one wants to, then befor the go they drive to the doller store, because the couldent buy such high qualitys products at home for any where near the price!!!

kudos to the workers that make these contries run