Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Minuteman

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by spincast375, Apr 2, 2005.

1. spincast375

spincast375 1/2 ton status

Do you support the Minuteman Project taking place in Arizona?

If violence breaks out, will the Mexican army cross our border and invade the USA? How much damage will they have to do (property and lives) before Governor Napolitano responds?

If the president's first duty is to protect the citizens, why has President Bush refused to act?

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

simple... the mexican vote...

i'm all for it.. but it shouldn't even be nescesary..

Bush pisses me off with this one.. heard he rejected Homeland security reccomendations of adding 2000 to Border Patrol..

i'd bet if we had machinegun nests every few hundred yards it wouldn't take long for it to stop...

Fox wants open borders,and i bet Bush does too...

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I think it's great. Hopefully no one will have too die.

4. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

1. Of course I support the Minuteman endeavor. These men are there to observe and report to the border patrol. And bring national attention to the issue of the lawlessness of Mexican Nationals illegally entering America. Not to mention trespassing on private property of ranchers, which becomes filled with their trash and defecation. Ranchers lives have been threatened by the Coyotes if they call the Border Patrol. If you and I do not help, then who will? King George will not.

2. Violence? I heard an interview with one of the orginizers on AM640 (LA) recently. The Minuteman have been monitoring the border in that area for a while. They have met with Coyotes, had friendly conversations over the fence, and given water to them to distribute to the Mexican travlers. And told them to go back. Period.

Now, if violence broke out, it would be on a limited scale. But the Minuteman earnestly desire good PR on this gig, for sure, to garner good public support. They will not start kicking ass. These guys are not idiots. They are trying to influence public and national policy. Witless and unrestrainable rednecks need not apply.

Will the Mexican Army invade? Bawaaaaaahahahahaha!!

Look, the only way a "War" would arise with Mexico is if King George sent all the illegals packing back home. The illegals send back a zillion bucks a year to their relatives in Mexico to support their families given that the Mexican Government could care less about developing jobs or developing opportunities for Mexicans. Follow the money. It will never be cut off, but if it did all hell would break loose. American dollars sent back to Mexico represents a large part of their economy.

I am a redneck. But I am not a heartless, exnophobic redneck. Law is law and it is being broken. The Meztizo Mexican immigrant is a hard working son of a gun. It takes balls to move away from your wife and kids, work for cash, and send most of it home. I know, because I have met quite a few of them. The whole situation stinks. Mexico needs to solve their problems down there, which is not even something they will consider. The policy is to get them to come here. The Mexican Government even has has offices that prints pamphlets with pictures for non-readers on how to get to America.

3. King George will not act because it interfers with his cozy big business relationships. And he, and all elected officials, want the Hispanic vote.

5. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Might be the beginning of a large scale movement, state by state. As long as I can remember the Border issue has been around, every administration talks about it but none act. If we do not respect our own border laws how can we expect anyone else to give an RA. They will certainly take advantage of inaction. Hispanics know their vote has power now, they will use that leverage to it's fullest extent. Don't expect politicians to make a stand when votes are involved. The people will have to do it, just like this group.

I'm assuming they are working with local law enforcement, that would be my only issue.

6. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

I'm all for it if for no other reason that Jenn stopped at a Walgreens or somethin the other day and the cashiers had to call for the manager who was the only person that spoke English. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I agree that they are very hard working folks but there are also folks (U.S. Citizens) that wait at day labor places starting at five in the morning looking for work and oft times they are turned away because of the illegals that are waiting by the Home Depot that work for 5 dollars and hour cheaper.

I am sick and tired of non-English (or poorly) speaking individuals that I have to deal with at fast food restaurants and the like who can't hardly function due to the language barrier.

You live in this country, you do it legally and learn the flippin national language.

Oh yea, you bet I voted for the English only proposition that was passed last November.

7. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

From LA Times 2APR05

" Since when did actually enforcing the laws of the land become a radical idea?" asked Congressman Tom Tancredo (R-CO.)
    "If you don't know who is coming across your borders and for what purpose, then you cannot call yourself a nation."

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Yes and they are probably better shots than the Mexican Army who will more than likely show up and those scumbag gangbangers MS-13 who are talking about showing up.

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've always thought too be in this country legally, they should have too be able too speak english. So if a cop pulled someone over for whatever, if they can't speak english, that would be a one way trip to the country lock up till INS could interview them and check them out. Makes no sense to me too have spanish speaking police officers if too be in this country you have too learn too speak english.

10. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

Do not agree with the have to speak english good but you need enough to get by. If you visited some foriegn countries and tried to get around not speaking the language you can see my point. But i have to agree that something needs to be done about this with all the illegals coming over. I will say agian that all the kids getting out of school are having to compete with these people for jobs that most of the kids right out of school got in the past. The companies know this and are happy to just pay people less. Not being from out west I don't know exactly what you are going through but it is getting worse around here. The only english the cashier at some stores know is how to take your order and ask for the money. Bet if i told her that her... she would understand english and want to sue for hurasment.
    Remember the old chuck norris moive invassion usa? They are here waiting on the signal to attack.
    But back to the post where can you read more on this that you are trying/talking about getting together?

11. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

12. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Ronny, Z3PR, irony, or a form of it, right there

13. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I could solve the illegal aliens problem in about a week, well maybe longer, how many illegel Canadians are crossing the border each day? I'm guessing not to many. Why? If you live in the US vs. Can what is the advantage? People will always come here if it is better, make Mexico a better place to live and the people there will stay there. The hard part is doing that, maybe we need a new state.

14. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

This isn't something that is new. This type of vigilante group has been around for quite a while in some form or another on the southwestern border. Just as vigilantes do with police officers, they more often than not do more harm than good. All of these people volunteering their time/money/energy would be better served writing their congressman or boycotting businesses that hire illegal immigrants or maybe even storming capitol hill. We don't need people to do our job for us, we just need to be allowed to do our job.

15. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

How do you get a bunch of people together to boycott anything now? I agree that if people stopped doing business with places that hire and work these people it would start to go away. Almost like cut way back on gas for a few days and see if the price would not come back down. But how do you get any number of people to do this? Personal I do not shop or do business with convience stores fast food or such that is owned or has alot them working there. If others would just do the same. But as long as the government and business wants it it will be till enough get together to do something. But what? I have nothing agianst spanish people as long as the person is legal, paying taxes, spending the money here and not sending to anther country. Several at work that have thier families here and live like most of us i would help.

16. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I support the Minuteman Project. It would be wise for George Bush Jr. not to offend the people of this movement because these are true political conservatives he is villainizing. I think this is the issue where all conservative Americans are going find out the truth that all politicians (both Republicans and Democrats) are elitists, who would sell the America our forefathers fought for, to the highest bidder.

Here are some pictures of the people George Bush Jr. considers "bad Americans".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2005
  17. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i've got a better solution, rather than asking them nicely not to come in illegally, lets cruise the border with built 4x4s with heavy artillery mounted to them. turn a bunch of them into bloody red clouds, and i bet they stop coming.

18. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

So I take it that you don't wear clothes, eat fruit/vegetables, or have food cooked for you at restaurants on clean dishes? The computer that you use was more than likely assembled by illegals.

I've worked with asians, middle easterners, mexicans, and polynesians ... every single one of them send a good chunk of their paycheck home to their relatives. It's not just the mexicans that do that.

I'm all for the minutemen. Didn't the Guardian Angels do the same type of thing in the subways of NY? They got favorable reviews by the citizens but the police didn't like them interfering with their job implying they didn't do a good job.

19. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

suddenly,i'm reminded of some lyrics by NWA... how did that go again?

oh yeah... "F### THE POLICE!"

20. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I am all for it, hell I might even volenteer, but I am not a racist. I am pretty bilingual so the language thing is a non issue for me. But I don't like our competitve wage suffering, our communities falling, and our own history being re-written. That is the least of it. The minute men are showing the gov't we are fed up with the lack of safety provided. The coyotes (mexican smugglers) are no different than the slave traders of the past. They are evil, taking advantage of people who want to better themselves. By not protecting our borders we create a market for them. One of the most deadly deserts in the world it the sand between Mexico and Yuma AZ. We have a couple of problems in AZ few others share. Water is one. How can we plan for water usage if we don't actually have an idea of how many people are here to begin with. Our insurance is some of the highest in the nation due to uninsured drivers. That is just the little nit picky stuff that doesn't affect the rest. But there is something you might not have thought about.

A group angry Iraqi's land in Mexico city, greases the wheels of mexican justice, tours his way up to the north, walks through our borders and rent a huge van on the way to your kids school in Maryland. That is why I support the movement.

Hopefully this redneck AZ publicity will scare the friggin hippy liberal californians away so our housing will come back down to affordable.