Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mirror Differences

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k20, Nov 27, 2003.

1. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Hey all, happy thanksgiving, what is the difference between the original D49 Dual bright mirror and the D45 Below eyeline mirrors. Im noticing theres a differnece in chevy duty between the two. D49's are oem, d45's are repro. Thanks y'all.

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

below eyeline are the common three-arm style if that helps any at all,

D49 O/S chrome left and right

what year is this for ?
    80-up or 73-79 ?

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Theyre both 73-87. Its not the 3 arm style its the kind that fits snug against the body of the truck, like the ones i have on my truck in the webshots below. Its in chevy duty catalog cat5 vol1on pg 79. The D49's description is "This is the original style standard door mirror. GM called this style 'Dual Bright D49' Original GM. Fits left or right. 64.95 each." Now the D45's description is "This is the original style oversize door mirror. GM called this style 'Below Eyeline D45' Like original. Available in SS chrome black and white. Fits left or right." then prices for the different finishes.

Reason Im wondering is cause my truck has a crappy pair of repro's that keep me from opening my vent windows cause the arm curves in. I need new ones But i was wondering about the D49's and the D45's. If one is bigger Ill get it.