Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mirrors

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudweiser79, Dec 30, 2000.

1. Mudweiser79

Mudweiser79 Registered Member

Hey Y'all,
    I'm sure you all know that 1990 was the only year that chevy used the old body style and the new side mirriors for blazers and sub's. I have a 79 and was wondering if the 90 mirrors would fit. I don't see why they wouldn't. If anyone has done this, or seen it done please reply.

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

They should fit, you may have to drill some holes though. You'll probably have to get them from GM though, i doubt you'll find any at a junkyard, but you never know...

90K5

See my truck at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</A>

3. Impex

Impex 1/2 ton status

I got some for christmas, and they were bought at jcwhitney. You do have to drill some new holes and then fill in the old ones.

[​IMG]

4. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I assume you're talking about the power mirrors on the 89-91 Blazers & Subs. I'm putting these on my 75 pickup. The doors I'm using are off of that vintage vehicle (one was a '90 Blazer - the other a '91 Sub)
    The reason I went with the different doors was that the newer stuff is galvanized sheetmetal (doesn't rust as easy)
    and the other BIG reason is that there is a little bar connecting door skin to inner door skin for strength, to reduce the shaking of the mirror - the 3 mounting posts are welded into the skin - so I opted to get those specific doors, since I needed a replacement anyway....

Hope this helps...