Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

misc burb questions doors/suspension

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big_truxx, Apr 19, 2005.

1. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

Just so I can ask my 2nd retarded question of the day burb and crew cab doors are one and the same correct?

also what really is the difference between 3/4 ton and 1/2 ton? I have wanted a 1/2 ton for smoother ride and all for the family burb in my sig... but what's the real difference in them??

thanks,
    chris

2. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

frames are the same on 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton burbs. difference is springs, axles, trannys, etc.

brand new 1/2 ton burb would prolly ride nicer. but now at near 20 years old? that'll depend on the burb, not the weight class.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

My 3/4 ton rode pretty darn well for a solid axle truck. But the rear springs were pretty worn out. I wouldn't have used it as a real tow rig with those springs.

4. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

Are you talking 2wd or 4wd?

On the 2wd, the 1/2-tons have rubber bushings on the A-arms... the 3/4-ton has greased metal bushings.

5. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

Burb back doors are the same as crewcab back doors. The front doors of both are the same as single cab trucks and Blazers. All front doors are interchangable from 73 to 87 / 91.

I always thought the frames got beefier as you went up. I know 3/4 ton truck frames are larger than 1/2 ton, and 1 tons are bigger than 3/4 tons. I thought that was the same for Burbs too.

Eric M.