Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

misfiring like a mofo!!!help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ilikeitloud, Feb 9, 2004.

1. ilikeitloud

ilikeitloud 1/2 ton status

i recently did an oil change on my k5 a couple days ago. and now it sounds like its misfiring ALOT. when i give it gas off the light it makes an ass load of popping and sputterin sounds from the exhaust. it never did this until the oil change. what could be thecause

2. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Timing....
    I had a problem on another vehicle where it would only mis-fire when I was accellerating. Turned out to be bad plug wires that were arcing. Just a thought.

3. ilikeitloud

ilikeitloud 1/2 ton status

i was gonna do new cap,plugs,and rotor this week hopefully it should help

4. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Oil change won't cause that prob but you may well have pulled a vacuum pipe off when in the motor bay or dislodged a plug wire or something. Have a good look around where you were working and look for something hanging off or trapped. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Oil change won't cause that prob but you may well have pulled a vacuum pipe off when in the motor bay or dislodged a plug wire or something. Have a good look around where you were working and look for something hanging off or trapped. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Or possibly burnt plug wire by bumping it into the manifold.......Double check everything you touched or rubbed up against.
    Bill