Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Misleading E-Bay ad's... ever buy from one?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by uglychevyZZ4, Apr 13, 2004.

1. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

Misleading E-Bay ad\'s... ever buy from one?

Anyone ever buy something from a ebay ad and find out it was severely misleading? I purchased something Saturday, not the one we just had but the Saturday before /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif and the ad said
    " Fast service with 1 week shipping! "
    looks like itll be at your house in a week if ya ask me! you know, so folks buy that way theyll have it super fast.. so 1.5 week goes by and today I email the guy asking for a tracking # so I can know when itll be here, and he sends me this
    Copyied and pasted directly from email:
    [ QUOTE ]
    You need to be patient, your week isnt up yet! When your order is pulled to be shipped I will send you the tracking number

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    my reply
    [ QUOTE ]
    Dear Sir,
    Pulled? it isnt pulled yet? the advertisment says 1 week shipping, it dosent say expect to
    " wait "one week for us to "get around to shipping it". If you look at your records it has been over 1 week since I paid for it so it should have been sent days ago, or yesterday going by what you just said, so it is late x2 now, can I expect this to be shipped today? I disagree with the false advertising it is very misleading, but I will leave posative feedback still if this is shipped in the next day or 2...thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif I think this is a cheesy way to sell, that statement is why I got it, other people had these for 10$ more but he seemed faster /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

2. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Re: Misleading E-Bay ad\'s... ever buy from one?

that sucks. ebay is full of these goons. hard to distiguish good from bad sometimes too.

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I bid on a high-end broadcast-quality sound card once. I was totally psyched that I found one for under $100 (I'd been looking for a used version of this card for years, they're over $500 new), then a couple days later I read some fine print, and it turned out not to be the card I thought it was. I should've known that's why it was so cheap... The guy was cool and let me cancel my bid, though.

Bottom line, read the fine print, save a copy of the auction page before you bid, and above all, read the seller's feedback.

4. uglychevyZZ4

his feedback list was very short, and seemed ok.I just got a reply from his, he is a rude @$$ /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif, o well.

5. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i just love it when you can buy something like half the price of anywhere else and the shipping is 4x as much.

14" chop saw 15.99
    s and h $50 /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

6. uglychevyZZ4

ya, now thats overhead /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif you didnt fall for that did you? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

7. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I haven't had any problems yet. And I have bought everything from a parts blazer to a video. Just have to watch their feedback and often this may be misleading. Good luck to you.

And the shipping thing is outrageous. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

8. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i almost did. i hardly buy anything with ebay anymore because of that. there just not good deals anymore. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

9. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    i almost did. i hardly buy anything with ebay anymore because of that. there just not good deals anymore. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

There are still some good deals but it is usually mislabeled parts or vehicles that dont show up with the normal search terms /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i almost did. i hardly buy anything with ebay anymore because of that. there just not good deals anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

i couple months ago i bought a 78 3/4 ton, 6" springs all the way around, 2" body with new bushings, 327 (out of truck, but included)/465/205, 44 and 14 bolt 4.10s...all on 40" swampers on 16.5x12 eagle 589s for the whopping price of $560 /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

eBay is cool, but it pisses me off when people don't leave feedback even after 2 weeks of daily emails /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

12. uglychevyZZ4

maybe thats why /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif keep harassing them and they will leave negatine feedback calling you harassing stalker, maybe forget it, i have tons of good deals not leave me feedback /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif