Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Missed out on a 2nd owner 72 K5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Oct 1, 2006.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

It was a Craigslist deal that popped up today at 1:05 pm. 1972 K5 Blazer 2nd owner all original straight body (just needed a carb and paint) $1000 obo. It even had a non-cracked top. We made it out there by 2:30 pm and it had just sold for 800 bucks. Well, I almost had it. Guess I have to act faster next time.

72k51.jpg

72k52.jpg

2. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

That sucks, gotta get on them when they pop up.

3. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

What a bargain for someone! Sorry you missed out on it.

4. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Yeah, it sucked. Not a whole lot of 2nd owner '72 K5's around for 800 bucks. It was even in my part of town. I guess the guy who bought it responded 5 minutes after the ad was posted, and I was slow responding 45 minutes after the ad was posted and getting there about an hour after they posted it.

5. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Don't feel too bad. I still kick myself over this one:

The summer in between my HS graduation and going off to the Marines in the fall (1997) I was looking for a K5 of some kind. A '72 popped up on the local paper so my buddy and I went to see it. It was actually in pretty decent shape for a then 25 year old vehicle, had spent most of it's life in Washington, and only had 100,000 miles on it. Started up and ran great and just needed some body and drivetrain work to make it a truely nice truck.

Even better the guy turns out to have worked for my father in the past and thought so highly of him that he immediately dropped the asking price $500 just for me.

Even EVEN better my buddy's dad owns a body shop and LOVES 67-72 GM trucks and happens to have a bunch of NOS body parts for them in his shop. Even suggests I leave it with him while I go off to bootcamp.

I even had the cash to buy it at around $3000 AND pay for the body work.

The STUPID.
    I passed on it. Figured I'd not want to deal with it. Moron. I coulda just left it at my buddy's dad's place and came back 3 months later and had a nice, rebuilt '72 K5 Blazer. NOOOO....can't do that.

6 months later I bought my parent's '92 Blazer K1500 and spent 4 years battling torsion bar IFS. Dumbass...

6. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

doesn't seem like your response was that slow, but just not fast enough ;)