Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Missing a package from USPS... what should I do?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Yeah... so one of my two boxes for the lift stuff I bought didn't show up. I got one one with the brackets and bolts and stuff, but there's supposed to be a second with the springs... Who should I go yell at to get my springs??!!??!!

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Call the folks you got the stuff from. They might have shipped the stuff they had, and waited on the other. Or it might be backordered. Make sure with them what the deal is. If they shipped them both, then they might have you wait a couple of days to be sure. Once it's clear they are not coming they should send you another set...

3. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Did you get tracking numbers? when i ordered my superlift kit from 4wheel parts the springs showed up 3 days after the rest of the parts.they said they came from a different warehouse..........

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

yeah I bought it from a private party... and it looks like it's used too... so... yeah...

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I got a tracking number... crap... I'm gonna email the guy... he had an associate send the packages, so anything could've happened...

6. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I will never use USPS for packages again. The ONE and ONLY time I did, all four packages that I sent on the same day from the same post office and going to four different customers were lost in the mail. It took SIX MONTHS to collect the insurance and boy did I have to jump through hoops to do that.... Never again I tell ya.... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

7. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

U R Phuqued! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Not only is FedEx Ground WAY cheaper to use, but they also keep track of the packages shipped with them. At the Post Office, your package just goes into some black hole, and may, just MAY, come out the other end some day. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Several years ago, the PO broke an item that was insured for $50. Trying to collect that $50 was about as easy as building your own space ship. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif A package that I sent via FedEx once, contained a Compaq server, worth $22,500. Their tracking system showed it arriving at their Memphis sorting facility, then it was never seen again. I reported it to FedEx, sent them a copy of the purchase order, and received a check for $22,500 within a week. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

your lucky, My Skyjacker 6" springs were shipped Fed ex. Was the springs (zip tied nad taped together and the shock I believe, I forget now. Anyway one spring arrived and that was it. Got it from a member here. Still fighting them on paying out.

9. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

It's harder to get anyone to pay you for poor packaging. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I ship springs individually and make an extra copy of the delivery info and tracking number and tape it very well to the spring itself. Then I use the FedEx heavy duty shipping label, which is held on with its own tie-wrap. Even if the heavy duty label gets detached, the 2nd copy that I attached is still there. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif