Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Missing body mount?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Element, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Element

Element 1/2 ton status

Was just puttering around under the Blazer today, and happened to notice that one of the body bushings isn't a nice clean orange (previous owner replaced most of them with Energy Suspension poly bushings). Kinda curious as to how I might go about fixing this little gem of a problem...

[​IMG]

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Ewwwww....thats some nasty looking rust! Glad I don't live anywhere near you.

3. Element

Element 1/2 ton status

They salt the roads in the winter here like a fat girl salts her fries. The fact that the truck was owned mostly by rednecks before I got it didn't help anything (hence the TH350 swap, ragged interior, and probably 10 year old spark plugs in the thing when I bought it).

Is there a bolt or something like that I need to get to replace that? Going to take a look at the other mounts in the morning when there's light out, but to me it looks like there are things missing...I just don't know what.

4. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

I dont know if they sell seperate bushings. One thing you might want to do is check out a junk yard, I always see old junked blazers with replaced body mount buhsings. maybe you can just snag one off.

Where is the location of that bushing?

5. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

It's one of the 4 cab bushings...

garaunteed the other 1/2 of the bolt is up in there in the captured nut under the floor..

A little surgery will be required..

You can get individual mount parts from LMC... your missing the lower 1/2 of the bushing, the giant cup washer and the bolt... upper 1/2 should obviously be replaced too...

6. Element

Element 1/2 ton status

What's the best way to get the top part and the busted bolt out? Already have the new bolt and lower washer/retainer ordered from LMC, but not sure as to what the best way to get to that top part would be.

7. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

easiest way is to locate it on the floor, then cut a U with a cutoff wheel, and peel it up.. you may just be better off ditching the whole cage assembly, put it together with a washer and nut up top, then just weld the nut washer in place (thats what I did), bend the U down and mig it up...