Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Missing d60's

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by protechk5, Mar 2, 2005.

1. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

So i was at my dads work today and i was out in the garage where all the trucks are. He works for Verizon, they have a few older k30 4x4's. Well i was talking to one of the mechanics and i noticed one of the k30's they were working on. So i went up to it and i was like man i wish i had this truck, but as i was looking at it I noticed that it didnt have a dana 60 in the front. It was a 3/4 d44. Well long story short, turns out that 3 out of the 8 k30's they had d44's that someone swapped in. The mechanic said that someone must have done it in the last 2 months cause he said he serviced all the trucks front ends 2 months ago. He told the big boss and i guess they arent going to tell anyone else and just watch the other ones real closely to catch the guy, cuz its someone who works there. I kinda think it might be the mechanic, he seem kinda sketechy about the whole thing, who knows, wish i had one tho.

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I'd guess the mechanic too. Who else could pull that off under their noses like that?

Pretty ballsy...

Rene

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

so are you on the list for the next one for sale?:D :D :cool1:

4. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

haha yeah really, maybe i can get one real cheap:thinking:

5. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I know a small dealer/mechanic shop in twon that has bought a few K30's just to swap out the front axle for a D44 and resell. Then he sells the D60's. (Unless he needs another for a project.)