Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

missing remote

Discussion in 'Audio' started by WakeBoard&4X4er, Oct 20, 2000.

1. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

I bought a 1991 k5 and it had an after market alarm added to the truck, however there is not remote for the alarm. The alarm is called Pursuit and I am willing to call any one that thinks they can get me a trigger for the alarm.

Thanks

brettmcox.coloradok5.com

2. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

A Pursuite alarm is also a Prestige alarm. The thing is in order for me to get you a remote I would need to know if your alarm is a coded alarm or a code learning. What you will need to do to let me know is this.
    A)You will need find the valet switch. It will, should, be a little silver toggel switch that is mounted under the drivers side dash about 95% of the time.
    B)Once the switch is found you will need to make sure that it is working corectly by turning the ignition on and flipping the switch to its opposite side(on),the LED in the dash should come on and stay on. Turn the ignition off. The alarm is now in VALET mode. There is no need to do this if the alarm is already in VALET mode. Now, once the alarm is in VALET mode you will need to take the alarm out of valet by turning the ignition back on and flipping the switch back the other way(off).
    C) Ok, now you will check the alarm to tell me if it is code learning or if it is coded.
    D) Turn your ignition on and flip the switch on,off,on,off,on,off. Now, if the alarm chirps at you, it is waiting for a new remote to be programed. You will need to turn the truck off and put the alarm back into VALET mode. If the alarm doesnt chirp at you then it is probably a coded alarm. If it is it will be a pain in the ass for you to program, it will probably be best if you went to a shop.
    A new remote should run you in the 30 to 40 dollar range. We dont charge to program it but most shops do. I hope this helps. Let me know.

[​IMG]
    http://dblazer.coloradok5.com

3. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

if i give you the modle number can you tell me if it can be re-programed? If it can call you with a CC# so that you can order me a triger, i have not found any one here that will order me on or know any thing about my alarm. Thinks for all the help!!!

4. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status