Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Missing?!?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 89sub, Dec 7, 2000.

1. 89sub

89sub Newbie

I just bought this '89 suburban. I get a miss when it is running at lower RPM. I changed the plugs (two had rust-like stuff on them), and am looking at doing the wires next. The exhaust smells like their is a bunch of unburned fuel...any ideas experts? I am a former diesel-man, so these dang plugs mystify me.

2. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Have you replaced the cap and rotor? The coil might not be getting saturated enough. Take it out and go to the local AutoZone, they have a computer that can check it out.

"Lord have mercy on my next thirty years"

3. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

if two of the plugs looked dry and rusty then check to make sure that they are getting in those cylinders...brown deposits like that mean that there is not enough fuel going into the cylinder and will eventually burn up the plugs or the piston over a period of time...however they should not be black or oily...you do want a little brown tinge to it but not a lot

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

4. Sparky

Sparky 1/2 ton status

San Antonio(summer) Texas A and M (school year)
    Check your timeing, replace cap and rotor, get new wires, and replace the O2 sensor. (The O2 sensor should be on the bottem of the driverside exaust manifold.) If this stuff is not in perfect condition it ruins your gas mileage so it is worth replaceing.

Sparky

When all else fails... Check the blinker fluid.
    78 K-5