Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Missouri K5 Run in the Spring - Pre Planning

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudzer, Nov 6, 2000.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Ok, Again I want to take a stab at setting up a Missouri K5 run. I need help with creating a name for this Run. I was thinking about "Missouri Spring K5 Thing". This way I could plan on having an annual event. This event will be FREE of charge, all you have to do is get here. I would like to get some of the Big guys<font color=red>*</font color=red> (Fox, Spickler, Watson, Viveiros)off their mountains and into the "Plains of Missouri". We would be wheeling in the Mark Twain National Forest which is public land with tons of trails. Why not come and try out obsticles such as "Axle Breaker", "Radiator Hill", "The Wall", and the "Great Divide". I will provide copies of maps and GPS Coordinates to all that participate.

Can we get a commitee together? Who is willing to help me organize this event? I have a couple of K5ers real close to me that could help "Map" out the area. I plan on giving you at least 2 solid days of wheeling. We may even get some night wheeling in too. Plenty of camping, lodging, grocery, and parts-stores nearby. We need to start by picking a date. After we start getting information compiled, I will create a site full of information on the event. I want to try to get some sponsors to donate some prizes and things. Hmmm, lets see... who do I know... Steve Fox of ColoradoK5.com, Shawn Spickler of off-road.com/Chevy, Steve Watson of Offroad Design...

I will donate my time and efforts to make this a very fun trip. You could not ask for a more, "Central" location. Bring your families and your K5. Lets all get together and Wheel. For some pictures and trail information, see my webiste http://www.mudzer.coloradok5.com/Potosi.htm

<font color=red>*</font color=red> Reference to the "Big Guys" above was purely fictional in nature and should not be taken as serious, nor should you be offended if you were not on the list of "Big Guys". Take notice, I am not on the list either. [​IMG][​IMG]

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue>www.mudzer.coloradoK5.com</font color=blue>

2. How 'bout "Midwest K5 Spring Run" If I am able I will try to come.

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>IF YOU'RE SCARED, SAY YOU'RE SCARED !!

3. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

Will there be trails that mostly stock trucks can ride? Aside form a lift and "bigmeats" on my blazer it is basiclly stock. Ill have to fig out how many hrs from Illinios u are and try to plan on being there!!!

Bigmeats

Carl...75 Blazer...Manhattan IL

4. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

I just went to your web site and the first line answered my question about stock rigs. (Sorry)

Bigmeats

5. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

I was just checking out the pics on your site of the clean up. Man, Some people are frickin slobs!!! Did you guys even make a dent in the mess? I saw a toliet in one of the pics, what kind of person goes to a national forest to dump a toliet!? We wounder why there are tree huggers that want to keep people out of areas like these. Sorry just had to vent

Bigmeats

6. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I am from IL and I am interested.
    I don't know how a Diesel will work on the trail....any ideas? I don't want to break my K5 in under 2 months that I have had it!!

Bigmeats: I would travel with ya. I am in Champaign..don't know where you are at...oh wait..its in your sig..DUH?!?

SK-15
    J**P...it's whats for dinner!
    http://SK-15.coloradok5.com

7. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

I would be interested and I'll try to drag depdog along too.

79 Blazer 6"lift 35's locked/4:56

8. DOUGHBOY

DOUGHBOY Registered Member

oh yeah sounds like a blast,i should be ready to break something by then,how far from the ill/missouri border?

guns dont kill postal workers do.
    CENTRAL ILLINOIS

9. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

Hey all,
    I'm in North County Saint Louis !! I would be up for some trail running in the spring. How many hours is it away from st. louis? I think my truck will be trail ready by then.
    Blake

10. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

Hey Mudzer, I replied to your email with some more questions about your 12 bolt, but i havent heard anything. Do you still have it. I am all up for that My truck will probably break but what the heck.. its all good. I have some buddies up here that would be interested to. I wouldnt mind helping you get this organized. I am not sure what I could do to help.. but let me know.. As for Bigmeats and Sk-15 I bet we could meet up and truck down there together.

BlazerBoy
    http://generalblueballs.coloradok5.com

11. BIGRIG

BIGRIG 1/2 ton status

Missouri Mule Run? Spring Misori run?

MY DRINKING TEAM HAS A FOUR WHEELING PROBLEM!

12. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

What is the nearest town so I can look it up?

[​IMG]
    5,000 Pounds of American Rolling Steel

13. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

Depending on funds, I might be able to make it. I'm not sure what my fuel milage will be after I get all the new mods on the engine. I'm assuming it's close to 800-900 miles from Denver so thats 1600-1800 round trip. Get a date set and everyone should start planning. Thanks for the invite!

Shawn
    87 K5
    few mods[​IMG]

14. Nike

Nike Registered Member

Neil - Let me know when. I would also probably be able to help you with some organizational tasks as would a friend here in Jeff City. The Event sounds like fun, and a chance for some of the guys on the K5 site to actually meet. Let me know, you have my E-mail, and I am also still interested in the disk brake setup we discussed. Thanks Nike in Mo.

Blue

15. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Hey Steve, try Potosi MO, I tried it on Mapblast for the hell of it (2300 miles one way) and it found Potosi no problem.[​IMG]
    hmmm.....maybe if I leave now[​IMG]

Rene

[​IMG]

16. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

BB, Im am going to try and make it. Im talking the wife into it as we speak. She says she wont go unless i use different tires for the ride,I guess mine are to loud. SO i have a buddy who has some 32's on stockers that i might have to buy for the ride down and trailer my 35's for the trail. do u think shell buy going down topless? (the truck not her) well.... mabey both![​IMG][​IMG]

Bigmeats

17. Mudzer

Steve,

The nearest Town is Potosi, Missouri. You should be able to find this on most Map websites. Do you have tee shirts or stickers made with the new ColoradoK5 logo you talked about a while back? Maybe we could "Buck Up" in order to get a couple of tee shirts for this event.

Mudzer 1978/91 K5

18. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

BB, P.S. its only 340 miles from ny house so about 6 hrs for me 7 for you. Would be nice to go down there in a pack!

Bigmeats

19. Mudzer

This area is approximately 1 hour and 15 mins southwest of St. Louis, MO. To get to Potosi you have a choice of roads to take. You can either take a 4 lane highway which you can travel at higher speeds with fewer curves or you can take the windy two lane road. I usually take the 4 lane and fly!!!

Mudzer 1978/91 K5

20. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

Hey Steve, It is 874 miles from here. That would be a long ride and I think Mo has to have the biggest potholes in the United States. If you and Shawn, or Ken go I would consider it. Is there any long weekends in the spring to do this?