Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Missouri Offroad Outfitters customer service

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Leadfoot, Nov 8, 2002.

1. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I would just like to thank Steve at MOO for his excellent customer skills. I had inquired about the engine crossmember they sell (mainly used for crossover steering) as mine is cracked and been half-a$$ed repaired on my 78. Originally he had stated that they were out, but would be getting more in, I checked back when he said they would be in and they were. I was in such a hurry I gave him my info and hung up the phone, but realized a few days later that I did not ask him about the CK5 discount (thanks now to both Steve's) and he said it was no problem and would give me the discount. I just received the crossmember (in great shape) and am going to put it on. I won't do a write-up as there is already one on the site, but I will let everyone know how it goes.

Chris

2. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

I would also like to thank Steve at M.O.O. I just got my new crossmember for cross over steering from them on Friday and the crossmember looks awsome. I can tell that they pay close attention to detail in his shop. Steve also gave me a membership discount a week after I ordered the part because I wasnt a member of CK5 when I ordered it. expect more orders from me in the futre. My next order will be the half door kit.
    Thanks again and keep up the good work. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Steve kicked butt on my bumpers, and was always available to answer questions from a noob (me). Did a great job, customized some stuff and turnaround time was awesome.

4. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

HE IS THE MAN!!

5. Leadfoot

Update: Again a stand-up guy. I took yesterday off (for a long weekend) to install my new crossmember. It took a little modification to the new crossmember to install it on my rig as I have a plow frame (no biggy). I bolt it all together and stand back and look. It was actually hitting my differential. I call Steve and he says "How much lift do you have", I say "None" (as it is my daily driver/plow vehicle). I told him my factory crossmember was shot (cracked in several spots, welded in several spots, cracked through the welds in several spots, etc.), so I bought this thinking it would be a sturdy replacement. He said, "Oh boy!" and said that he will usually ask how much lift people have and that most guys using this crossmember use it for crossover steering as the factory crossmember is in the way (which I knew), and that you need 4-6 inches of lift to run crossover steering (which I knew), but never gave it a thought that the replacement crossmember would only work with 4+ inches of lift /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

Now the options are:
    Add a 4+ inch lift (not on this rig)
    Piece together the original crossmember (now in 3+ pieces)
    Send the crossmember back to Steve for him to rework (which he said he was willing to do)
    Fix it myself (the route I am going to go in the interest of time).

It was a mistake on both our parts, but Steve was more than willing to work with me to rectify the situation. I would like to thank him again for that. He could have just said, "Oops, too bad", but didn't. Thanks, Steve.

6. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Why not a 2" lift then? I know you don't want much, but two inches ought to do it.
    I have the crossmember too and love it.
    -- Mike

7. Leadfoot

A two inch lift (assuming a true two inches), would only allow the differential/springs, to compress 2 inches before it would SMACK the crossmember possibly causing HUGE problems. For a mall cruiser it might be OK although I would still worry about speedbumps and curbs, but with the plow on my truck the front end squats as it is, nevermind if I were to hit a bump or pothole.

8. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

My thought on that was that in my style of offroading, I usually articulate just one side rather than compress both springs at the same time. If you did some jumping you would compress them both, but like I said I would usually raise one tire and drop the other, climbing over something.
    It was just a thought.
    -- Mike

9. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

I just put my M.O.O crossmember in yesterday. It went in pretty easy and I only had to redrill one hole. before with the old crossmember the crossover steering draglink would hit when my truck was flexed up, now there is no chance of that.great product and well worth the money. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif sorry to hear about your bad luck leadfoot. I think the easiest way would be to put alittle lift on your truck so you could clear it.

10. Leadfoot

I still give it and Steve a big /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifs up! As quality and service were great. I put this out so people would know not to try it without a lift, and that if they do have a lift and needed a crossmember, Steve and his product is the way to fly.