Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Missouri Run?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by racercrazy, May 21, 2002.

1. racercrazy

racercrazy 1/2 ton status

If and when will there be a Run in Missouri or near by? I would like to know about it.

2. 85chevy4x4

85chevy4x4 Registered Member

Where is there places to wheel in missouri? I hear they are opening an orv area in mound city but not really sure where that is. We always drive up to randolph kansas to the tuttle creek orv area. Have you ever been there?

3. BIGRIG

BIGRIG 1/2 ton status

How did you hear about the orv park in mound city? word moves quick i guess.... Kc4wda just bought it a month ago or so. This last weekend was the first weekend we were to work on it and will start cutting trails on it soon.The park as far as I understand is supposed to be open this fall?spring?
    There isn't alot of places to wheel legally around here, that's why I can't wait till this park is open. Potosi and Mark Twain forest seem to be the only two but they're south and east. anyway I think alot of people will be in Disney...lot's of good wheeling down there from easy to extreme.

Chris

4. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I usually host runs in Missouri. If you are in the St. Louis area, there is a great place to wheel in Potosi, Missouri south of St. Louis. Look at my site and view the trip reports for the Midwest Spring K5 Thing in Potosi for more pictures. Email me so I can keep you on my list. Look for future runs posted on the boards. npickett@toast.net

My K5 is currently undergoing a major drivetrain change. I am installing a WMS Dual Transfer Case kit and I will be looking for some people to wheel with when I test it out in a month or so.

5. 85chevy4x4

I heard about the mound city orv area from cj7rockbuggy in the pirate 4x4 forums. We are both from the kansas city area. If you guys have never checked out tuttle creek you should make the trip. It's about 2 hours from kansas city just 20 miles from manhattan kansas. It's an awesome place to go. Lots of jeeps, trucks, quads, buggies, and dirtbikes playing out there. It's about 600 acres. On really nice weekends or holiday weekends it has hundreds of vehicles out there.

6. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

what part of KC? Bigrig is in independence and i am olathe. there are some other from this area also.

later

7. 85chevy4x4

I'm from kansas city, kansas right by the race track. Is there any places to go here locally?

8. 87GMC

87GMC 1/2 ton status

Not to much that is legal. I try to stay away from that. There is a large spot near 470 and Raytown Rd, but I've heard it's owned by Flatlanders Heep Club. A friend is trying to follow up on that. I live in Olathe and there are some stuff out by Hillsdale. Very small though (mostly mud) and probable not worth your drive. We go to Tuttle Creek 3-4 times a year. Let me know if you want to head out to Hillsdale, we go out there 1-2 times a week, mainly because it's the only the near-by. I've havn't had the truck recently, the 12 bolt is dying, and I need money for new wheels before the 14 bolt goes in.

9. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

470 and Raytown Road got closed down by KCMO PD thanks to a 4 wheeler spooking a horse with a kid on. Could you fill out your Bio and we could learn a bit more about you. The local club is a having a cruise this weekend and a run next down at Grand lake. And a club meating the week end after that. As for the ORV park in Manhatten the locale around KC make it out there about 3 or 4 time a year. If you want to learn more about the new ORV park you should try to make it to the local Club meating.

10. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

meating.....

11. NE79

NE79 1/2 ton status

I would love to have more info on a mound city trail. I live in southeast nebr. and mound city isn't more than an hour away from me. THere's no place to go up here. Tuttle creek is very cool, but a 3 hour drive is a lot on a college budget.

12. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Go away Todd! Meeting feel better

13. 89Blazin

89Blazin 1/2 ton status

I'm out near Bonner Springs. Some pretty good trails/wheeling along the river out by Tonganoxie.

14. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

470 and Raytown Road got closed down by KCMO PD ??
    When did that happen?

15. racercrazy

racercrazy 1/2 ton status

What about something closer to STL? I'm about 95% done with an underbody restore and new motor. I feeling the need to go play. Major wheeling would be something to new to me, so on my first couple of outings I would take it easy on the Blazer, but I would love to come out check out other peoples rigs and getting some ideas to make mine better for some serious wheeling. Mudzer, are you around STL?

16. mudduck

mudduck 1/2 ton status

going to Palmer this weekend meeting some friends there Sat morning, should be a good size group your welcome to come along if ya want we will be in a green furd bronco you wil know when you see it my truck is still apart but should be ready to wheel by July Scott pm me if you want to go

17. 87GMC

87GMC 1/2 ton status

Can you give me some directions? Tonganoxie isn't too far at all.

18. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Its been a long time since I been on the boards....
    Is there a run being planned? Will assist you in yer upgrade if it will get a run going......

19. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

Ken- touchy, touchy. You must have responded to this after the 6 lug, Dana 60 thing. Take it easy....a few breaths.

20. Hustler

Hustler 1/2 ton status

If a ride is being planned, someone let me know. If I can, I will go. Just had shoulder surgery, so I am a little sore right now.