Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Missouri vehicle requirements

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chris_T, Dec 6, 2001.

1. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

Moving to MO next year (after a loong cold winter here no doubt). I'm gonna bring my '72 K5. What are the requirements for out of state (out of country) vehicles? Lift laws? engine mods? smog check? Need to know if I should start searching for things like the OE air cleaner housing.

Thanks

CT

2. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

As far as emissions the only place the state requires an emissions inspection is around St. Louis. The vehicle does have to meet safety inspections which is fairly basic. As far as lift laws. Your bumper on your blazer has to be 27'' in the front and 29'' in the rear measured from the lowest part of the bumper. If you have any specific concerns send me a private message. I am a State Trooper and can get answers for you except how to get out of a ticket. LOL

<font color=green>Steve Frisbie</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.mooffroadoutfitters.rockcrawler.com>www.mooffroadoutfitters.rockcrawler.com</a>

3. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

Perfect! Thanks.

4. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

Moving to MO?

what part of MO?

5. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Chris,

Glad to hear you will be joining us. I usually host about 3 runs in the Missouri area per year. We usually have a great turnout. I live in the St. Louis area, so I know what Steve Frisbie is talking about (emissions). I believe if you have a good running engine with cats and decent exhaust, you can pass emissions easily. Earlier trucks didnt require having smog equipment. My rig is 78, so I don't require any. I have had trouble with local inspection stations who did not know how to measure bumper height. As Frisbie stated, its 27" to the lowest part of the bumper. They always tried to measure my round tube pre-runner bumper at its centerline. One thing I am pretty sure of, the book states any aftermarket bumper should be 4" tall vertically(such as 4" square tubing) for the width of the vehicle.

Steve, correct me if Im wrong.

Let us know where you plan to move to and send me an email sometime npickett@toast.net

Good Luck,

Neil

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue><a target="_blank" href=http://www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com>www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com</a></font color=blue>