Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MJ Legal in Denver?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by k5freak44, Nov 2, 2005.

1. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

Last edited: Nov 2, 2005
  2. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

It is real and not just for medicinal purposes (like Cali). This is the real deal, if you are over 21 you can have up to an ounce of MJ on you and be free from prosecution from the city of denver.

Unfortunetly, the city rarely prosecutes for MJ possesion anyways. State and Federal normally take care of that and they will still nail you to the wall.

Hey, it's a step in the right direction, though.

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

And why is that??????????????????? :laugh:

Been awhile since we've had a good drug legalization conversation around these parts..............

Let's rock............ :haha:

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I got a big enough beer gut , wouldn't want having the munchies :wink1:

Weed is overated . I got way high as a kite in Moab wheeling , at least it felt like it on some of the drop offs , adrenaline , free :D

5. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Well, Bubba, I have one question. Would you rather deal with someone that is drunk, or someone that is high on bud?

Either way, it doesn't matter on the vote. It was said already, they'll still prosecute you under state law...and no matter if it's legal or not, most companies won't hire you if you smoke weed.

6. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

****ing stoners.

7. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Dangit, what was that guys name on here from like 2 yrs ago who was pro-pot......Anyone remember?

8. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Reminder hint ...... He's in AZ , and prefers greenblazers:wink1:

9. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

green blazer or something.

10. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

11. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

OK,LEOs start flaming. I started smokin pot over 30 years ago. If it is treated with the same limitations as alcohol, I see nothing wrong with it. I don't do any other drugs, and I do not work or drive under the influence. Its all about being responsible. Hey Bubba, if you can find it-how many auto accidents were caused by alcohol vs marijuana? I'm not trying to start an argument, just curious.

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

And yet again, I called my shot. You may think you can read my position on the subject from my words, but then again, you MIGHT be wrong. It's actually a simple little question with no real intentions. Just curious little me trying to stir the pot..........................................................

If you want personal experience, all the people that I have dealt with and marijuana was concerned, that wasn't the only substance of illegal nature that was present or played a part in those incidences....................

Drunk or stoner? It all depends on the person who is intoxicated........ :haha:

Seriously, stoners don't have to worry about; but then again I have dealt with stoners that had something in and/or about their possession that made it go from just a normal thing to something very serious.

It all depends on the person really on who I want to deal with...........

You first sentence is the key to the whole debate. Me personally, I've read both sides of the argument and while I fall in the middle of the whole thing, I do tend to lean to prohibition because anything that smells that bad that isn't attached to a human/animal body and cannot be used for anything more than getting yourself into a certain physical/mental state should be illegal......... :D

It would be kind of interesting though if we could pull out the crystal ball to foresee the amount of DUI accidents caused by both if marijuana was legal. If I was to throw a dart at the board on the wall, I would think you see the marijuana side rise in numbers because making it legal would make it more acceptable to the public, therefore more people driving stoned. That's just my opinion...................... :D

13. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I think that's because Federal law supercedes state law. Feds can say something's ok, and the state can regulate it down to nothing. State can say something's ok, but they can't allow you to do it because the feds say it's not ok.

I could be wrong, but that's my perception just from the book of How I've Seen The World Work. LEO's, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm rusty on the constitutionality of that, but I beleive the founding fathers intended the state to have it's own powers, and the federal gov not be able to usurp them. That kinda makes that whole civil war thing a little wierd, though, so maybe I'm not remembering it correctly...

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

The basic premise that seems to fit is one that I learned in the Army, "you can add to, but you cannot take away."

The federal government has a basic set of laws, and the states have expanded on those laws. In the case of California's medical marijuana law, it takes away.

But on the flip side, we had a case here that was turned over to the Feds. If it had stayed here, the defendant would have been looking at a lot more time in the can than he will being charged federally.

But in the end, it comes down to it's government. Once you think you have things figured out, you get a curve ball thrown at you. Kind of like women............. :D

15. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

They should legalize weed and tax the **** out of it like cigarettes. I have never smoked it in my life and have only even seen it once so this is a non-interested party opinion. As a vehicle perveyor (sp?) I suggest they use the tax on weed to lower the cost of vehicle registration and title transfers. Naturally, gas too.

16. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I think that's the plan. Make it legal, then tax it. As someone who has first hand experence with drug usage, I can honestly say it's no big deal if you hit something while driving when high on pot, because you're only doing 5mph, LOL. I do think it should be legal with the same restrictions as beer. I know alot of y'all are brainwashed with the old government BS propoganda, but the reality is it's not any different then beer, except it doesn't make you violent like beer can. Now check this, I do NOT use any drugs anymore, I've been dope free for over 5 years now. But in all honesty, I don't see pot any different then beer.

17. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Beer ?? Wine ?? Wiskey ??

18. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

in my eyes weed is alot better than alchol... when i was stoned i would just sit and laugh my ass of at anything around me and just have a good time... on the otherhand when im drunk i puke all over the place and want to smash stuff and the other point is its alot easier to drive stoned than drunk.. in my opnion i dont understand why weeds not legal and alchol is...

but i quit doing everything i havent smoked/drank in over a year and i dont have any urge to

19. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

There and I thought you meant Marv :haha: ... he's in AZ and had a green Blazer!

-- A

20. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

They smell nice though. Weed smells like burning ass crack :D