MM Wireless winch remote, revisited (it\'s working) Well, as I mentioned before I first tried my own hillbilly wireless setup and then bought a Mile Marker wireless setup trying to fix the problems I was having with my own setup. The thread is here. As you might remember, I have a multimount setup. The problem was that I had incredible interference with having the wireless receiver mounted right next to the solenoids and motor. If I moved the receiver 5 or 6 feet away it'd work just peachy. I was getting power for the wireless receiver right at the solenoid. Well, I put a choke coil between the source and the wireless receiver. The problem seemed 10x better but it still would hiccup once in a while. If I went back to powering it off the main battery it worked great. Well, it turns out that between running my electric fans yesterday and all the testing I've been doing yesterday and today it drained my auxilary battery down a significant amount since the fuse before my battery isolator blew. So what was happening was that the winch would run fine but the voltage would drop below the ~9v the wireless receiver needs to operate in order to send enough current to the solenoids to actuate them for a split second. It'd go so fast that my analog volt meter I had across the battery wouldn't see it. It didn't dawn on me until I got out all the stuff to start hardwiring positive power from the main battery as I still believed that the problem was noise coming through the positive power. Anyway, I put the receiver in a bakelite box, grommeted it, and waterproofed it then zip-tied it to the winch. It seems to be working just dandy now that the battery has more charge in it. I'll further test it tomorrow.