Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MMMMMM, beer and pizza

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Sep 2, 2002.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Nothing beats an ice cold MGD in the bottle with a little pepperoni and sausage pizza. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Anyone else ever notice that Bubba eats pizza and beer quit a bit?

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Well me personally, it would of been fresh dove tonight, but turns out that the Mrs. Boudreaux of the family doesn't enjoy the taste of game bird.

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Let me guess she wasn't schooled in the fine art of Okie cookin like squril or catfish and hushpuppies?

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Nope. She hates fish also. I think I married a commie!!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

Grilled me up a few for dinner last night.
    You should have told me you enjoyed the tasted of freshly killed, charred fowl flesh /forums/images/icons/wink.gif I would have been happy to share. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Just bring some fizzy, malted adult beverage and a good pool cue, and we could have made an evening of it.

7. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Been eatin good lately...........
    We had a good ol fashond fish fry with some Elk steaks and wine last night.
    Tonight its Beer and Pizza. Yum /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    You should have told me you enjoyed the tasted of freshly killed, charred fowl flesh

[/ QUOTE ]
    Ah yes, I miss the fall in Oklahoma. Only meant the fresh meat of dove and quail. Winter was deer and pheasant.
    Even though I wasn't hunting, something about a license, don't tell anyone, I had to do the deed on one last night.

Funniest thing I've seen hunting in awhile. Dove lands downhill from us. I'm birddogging for my father-in-law (literally birdogging) and I catch this dove landing. Well, I guess he thought he would act like a quail make his escape on foot. Father-in-law lays shot downrange, nails it. Dove still keeps on walking like nothing happens. Round #2 nails it, this time he stops, but is still moving, so I go down like the loyal dog I am, well the thing still has enough to him to attempt to fly/run away. Well I went back up, grabbed my father-in-laws shotgun, go back down and of course third times the charm.

9. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a pheasant I shot a few years ago....
    It wouldn't take off, just sat there, so I nudged it with my toe, to give it some encouragement like, the D@MN thing ran off like a freakin' ostrich /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif . So we sick the dog on it, that was too much for the bird it turns to fight a full grown yellow lab /forums/images/icons/confused.gif , finally gives up and flies off, which I end up popping him at about 25, no wait thats wrong, 15, nope not it, ah yes, 3 yards. I was using 12 gauge 6 shot 2 3/4 inch shells, the bird dropped like a stone. The dog was happy, I was happy, the bird however was not happy. Tossed him in my game pouch on the back of my vest and we hiked the corn field some more. We got to the far side of the field from the truck when I feel some movement in my vest..... and it wasn't me /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif . My father drags the rooster out and rings its neck AGAIN. We start to hike back to the truck and the bloody thing starts movin'. We ring its neck for a third time, and it won't stop. Finally had to field dress him right there, to make sure he gone for good /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Walked a quarter mile with a skinned pheasant in my vest back to the truck /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Never had a pheasant taste so good /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

10. mercercadet

mercercadet 1/2 ton status

I believe bubba is counter actin all this new commie diet kick everyones been on /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Beer and pizza all the way! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

11. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Beer amd pizza does kick ass. Pheasants are hard to kill, but if you train your nephews right, they'll run down and kill your birds for you.

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

I highly disagree that pheasants are hard to kill. I have a front grill of a Crown Vic that will attest to that.