Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MN snow sucks!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ChevBlazin, Apr 27, 2002.

1. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

Who would have immagined thre would be snow on April 27? I took my blazer out of storage a few weeks ago thinking I was in the clear. Man, It's snowing!! I passed a salt truck on my way back home tonight too! Man, I didn't store my truck all winter to drive it in salt. Oh well, at least I got it undercoated a few weeks ago. I guess I have to expect that kind of thing in MN. I was nice to see how my truck handled in the ice/ snow. BAD in 2wd and ok in 4x4. Oh well, it will be nice out soon, I hope.

2. captain chaos

captain chaos 1/2 ton status

i hear ya. western ege of north dakota here. got 2"s last night. last week we got 12"s.. and has been only in the 30's to upper 40's..
    i remember back in the early 80's on may 25th we got 15"s of snow. only remember that becouse may 25th is my birthday and i was turning 15 that day. what a presant,oh well by the end of the day it was almost all gone..

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm in western South Dakota, we've been getting alot of rain the last few days. I hit the carwash on the way home when it's snowing if they're salting the roads. Gotta wash that salt off !!!

4. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Oh heck yeah... I'm so sick of this crap. I really need to move. I couldn't believe all the idiots I saw in the ditch on the way home tonight from the shop. Hello... are you braindead? snow... ice... remeber from January /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

5. captain chaos

captain chaos 1/2 ton status

yep, had a guy in a furd plow into the back of my GF 2000
    s-10 blazer last week. i almost drug him out of it in front of his kid he was taking to school. (GF shut me down) people are just idiot's like you say. our blazer look's like a demolition derby car, people raming there door's, cart's and whatever else into it. then when she was at work somone ran into the front of it and totaled out the grill.. suck's..
    that's why i got my pickup's high...

6. white_knight

white_knight 1/2 ton status

Yup, we got it here too, in Calgary, My drive to work Friday morning consisted of driving around one jack knifed truck and a roll over.

This stuff has to end soon. We're suppose to go for our first camping/wheeling trip in 3 weeks.!!!

7. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

Not as bad here in Edmonton, but I'll take the blame for the recent snow. I put the insurance back onto my '72 on the weekend, looking forward to nice days with the top down and wouldn't you know it, snow within hours. Sorry

8. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> I don't get it either, Mikey ! The roads are just wet ! Idiots !

9. ArrowheadK5

ArrowheadK5 1/2 ton status

I bet at least your snow has melted by now!! My yard is still white from sat night! Had to come home early form GF house b/c of horrible roads. Pretty much a bitch all around (snow, not GF).

10. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Hello all from Colorado.

Just finished rotto tilling the garden and Summerised the boat and jet skiis.

78 degrees and workin' on the tan....... /forums/images/icons/cool.gif
    John

11. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

supose to be 80 here today. Drove the Supra to work with the Targa off. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Had the top off my truck for close to a month now.
    Got to top off the A/C In the wifes 79.

12. shoeless

shoeless Registered Member

It was low 90's here in College Station when I got off work yesterday about 7pm. By the way what is snow? and what do y'all use the salt for? j/k In a month we'll be asking for winter again down here. Y'all should see the roads down here went it gets icy, cars are EVERYWHERE!!

13. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

It'll snow here in Denver again. Never fails.

14. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

You darn southern's.... good weather (sometimes) and a lot loess luck... curse you southerners LOL /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif