Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MO-Offroad Blazer for sale...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TrcksR4ME, Oct 17, 2002.

1. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

http://www.mo-offroad.com/For%20Sale.htm

Would you pay almost $25,000 for this truck? Looks like they have a lot of money into it, buy then who doesn't in their truck. 12 bolt and dana 44, not too sure about that even if they are loaded up with "widgets" as I call them LOL.

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i wouldn't buy it. too pretty to wheel. first bit o' rock rash would piss me off to no end.

25k is alot to ask for a 1/2, IMHO. it is still 1/2 ton, even if built, and a 1-ton conversion could have been done cheaper and stronger.

3. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

If I lived in MO.....Nah nothign against this truck, dreamed about it a few times. I hink its a really sweet setup and has a few flagship things going for it with the front end. I think its setup ideally for his uses and business. As for the price....he built it wheels it and what not, I think he has a better idea than any of us what it might really be worth, afterall he is in the offroad business. He may not have gone one ton for weight and clearance issues.

4. A little pricey for me too !! I love what he has done to the blazer and it still functions great as a daily driver too. THE REASON HE HASN'T GONE 1 TON IS: "I haven't broken it yet and 1/2 ton parts are cheaper and easier to find" That may not be the exact words from Steve's mouth, but it is damn close to what he told me at Indy. As far as pretty, hmmmm it looks good, but not a show truck by any means !! He has done his fair share of sheet metal trimming and other mods. And yes those axles have been beefed up and trussed and everything to handle the beating he gives them, plus he runs 37's. Well built-multi-purpose-practical-rig. My only question to Steve would be how can I coilover by rear suspension and keep my back seat?

5. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    THE REASON HE HASN'T GONE 1 TON IS: "I haven't broken it yet and 1/2 ton parts are cheaper and easier to find"

[/ QUOTE ]

That seems hit and miss to me. Yes A Dana 60 is expensive, but you dont have to load it up with the add-ons. On the other hand a 14 bff is cheap and commmon, Detroit for it is cheap as well.

As far as not breaking any of the 1/2 ton parts, well none of them are stock, they are all alloy and beefed up. And all those parts are very expensive, not cheap.

Just seems to be conflicting, but im not trying to argue with you.

6. </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Detroit for it is cheap as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
    What? If you got a cheap one give it up !!! What are you calling cheap? I may be mistaken, but I believe the last time I looked at a Detroit for a 14 bolt FF they were about $500. OUCH !!
    I do agree on the part of spending all of the money on beefing up the 1/2 ton stuff is the price of a set of 1 ton axles if not more. I am debating on that one now with my new Jimmy sporting a stock Dana44 and 12 bolt when I can pick up a set of military axles with low miles... Dana60 front and 14 Bolt FF rear w/Detroit and 4:56's for $1100. The problems is wheels and tires have to be factored into that cost for me as well!!

7. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Detroits for the 14FF can be found for around $300.

8. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

I guess they went up then? I got mine for $325 last June. As far as wheels go, black 8 lugs are cheap (paid $32/ea), and you can still fit 15" wheels if your not afraid to grind a little.

And speaking of prices, where'd you find the axles for $1100, thats a sweet deal.

9. Yeah I know I could go with 15" and grind, but not sure if I wanna do that. As cheap as I am it will be grind whrrrr grind whrrrr grind away !! As far as $1100, there is a guy here in KY about 30 minutes from my house that salvages military vehicles. He has more 2 1/12 tons, M1008's and M1009's than you can shake a stick at. He quoted me me last year at $850 for a Dana 60 front and another $200 to $250 for the matching 14 bolt rear with Detroit. Not bad at all !! He told me, but not sure how true it is. That they geared some of them with 4:88's, not just the 4:56's. Damn that would be sweet as hell.

10. hmmmmmmmmmmmm OK

11. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

Big burb
    My back seat would still fit if I did not have the bulkhead installed. Would be a little drafty with the holes in the floor. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif You were pretty close on the quote. I did not plan to ever run any larger tire than the 37 and the 1/2 ton equipment has served me well. I drove my truck to Moab and back with no major problems (power steering pump suffered a stuck valve.) and I managed to get 11 mpg. I wheeled Hells Revenge, Poison Spider Mesa, Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, and Pritchett Canyon. I do not baby the truck by any stretch of the imagination but do know my limits. The truck could easily be converted to one ton (by the next owner). As far as price its an asking price. I do need to sell it and will entertain any viable offer. I am going to start on my next project and for you one ton guys I am going one better, 2 1/2 ton rockwells with 46.7 inch Michelin radials. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I paid $309 for mine from West Coast diffs.

13. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

It's an awesome truck but mine for $8200 is a much better value............much. And it is one ton.............locked front and rear............TPI, etc..............but neither Steve nor I will find a buyer easily. We're too special /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

14. Holy cow Steve that should be a real beast !! Holes Smoles, what's a lil wind on the back side? I think those could be fitted with some boots to make her air tight. Good luck on selling her.