Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

***Moab Caravan Details, UPDATED INFORMATION***

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by therobzilla, Sep 23, 2003.

1. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

OK,

It’s getting close so it’s time to post up some of the final details of the AZ caravan to Moab.

Here it goes:
    We are meeting at my house on Wednesday Oct 1st; Debbie is cooking a quick pasta dinner for everyone before we head up.
    We are driving to Flagstaff on Wednesday night and staying at the Embassy Suites on me. I have two rooms reserved each room sleeps at least 5 people.

We should leave AZ no later than 7:00pm on the 1st. Plan on getting here as soon as possible on Wednesday.

We will be running channel 10 on the CB radio. A CB is highly recommended for nighttime caravan, so no one gets left behind.

These are the people going up with us that I know of as of today. Each line represents on car or rig

Marv & Jill (Towing up the Blazer)
    Brian, Eric, Shaner (Desert Rat Guys)
    Rob & Joey (Towing up the Blazer)
    Grant & Brian (Driving up in Sonoma)
    Russ & Son (Towing up the Truggy)

We will be meeting Fred & Josh in Flagstaff on Thursday morning like last year. They met us at the hotel. It’s possible that Brian from AZ Drivelines is going to catch a ride with Fred, not confirmed yet.

We will leave from the hotel in Flagstaff on Thursday morning bright and early, hope to be gone around 7:00am.
    Should arrive in Moab in afternoon on Thursday.

Notes:

Everyone that is either towing or driving needs to have a CB in there rig or tow rig, whatever you are driving to Moab, make sure it has a CB if at all possible. It makes the drive up much easier to make sure everyone is ok.

I have CB radio tuning stuff here with me. If you need some help setting it up, call me and I can help. Even if you steal the radio out of you blazer or rig for the drive and buy a cheap magnetic antenna it’s worth it.

No one gets left behind. If we all go up together, we all get there together, we all come home together.

Check out taillights, trailer lights, and make sure you have a working spare tire for both the trailer and the tow rig. I think we all have different sized trailer tires.

I am going to PM each of you my home address and my contact information if you have any questions on how to get to my house, just call and we can talk. When you get the PM, would each of you please give me the following information?
    First Name, Last Name of each person attending or riding with you, along with each person’s home address and contact information, including cell numbers, and including who to contact in case of an emergency. I am going to put together a list for everyone to have handy in case something happens. Also put down on the information if you are allergic to any type of medication or have any medical condition that needs to be told to someone in case of emergency.

I know it sound stupid, but it’s just to be on the safe side, and it’s totally confidential.

That’s it unless you can think of something that I have forgotten.

Thanks,
    Rob

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

rob, do i have to tell you i have gona-sifla-herpla-ids?
    oh sh!t... this isnt a PM.

well, in a good way im glad somebody is doing this. try eating at my house. you get the "got any food hates, any food allergies, andy drink preferances, any..." questions.

thanks again rob.
    Grant

3. therobzilla

Thanks for sharing Grant! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Yea, my idea is "GOD FORBID" something happens on the trip up there or while we are there, it would be nice for everyone to know what the deal is and to be able to get in touch with someone if something major was to happen. That way everyone is not left out.

Thanks,
    Rob

4. Seventy4Blazer

Brian and i will be up about 7:30 pm on the first. i have to wait for him to get out of work and i have to hang out here to get promoted on the first... WHOO MUTHA FUKN WHOO!!! bout damn time...
    so, see ya then, and save us some plates o food. if yall pull out sooner than that, then we can catch up, as we will have no load to pull... he he...
    Grant
    Grant

5. FWP

FWP CRS

[ QUOTE ]
    We will leave from the hotel in Flagstaff on Thursday morning bright and early, hope to be gone around 7:00am.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I need to know the time for sure, so I can be on time /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif. You sure you can get the sleepy-heads up on time and ready to go by 7am /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

6. therobzilla

Yes,

Otherwise it's going to be a long next leg to Moab, with us towing and the speeds not being the fastes due to trailer and such.

We will be up and ready..
    Rob

7. Seventy4Blazer

towing schmowing... i bet ill still be hanging in the back with my MIGHTY 4 banger.....
    as a matter of fact i think i will be in the back. that way if anything happens i can just pull over to help.
    Grant

8. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Rob...you campin at slickrock or doin the motel this year?

DW

9. therobzilla

Doug,

I'm doing the motel thing this year. Staying at the Motel 8 this year.

Rob

10. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

is the rest of the gang doin motel 6 also rob? Does this mean no campfire BS sessions this year??? Say it can't be...

DW

11. therobzilla

I think Marv and Jill are camping but I'm not so sure. That does not mean no campfire BSing, just means I get to take a shower in the mornings /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

I'll be there.

Rob

12. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I'll be there in spirit this year. When lounging around the campfire, and off in the distance you hear the faint rattle of a Cummins traversing the heavenly slickrock, you'll know I'm there /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. Y'all have fun!
    Nick

13. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Peggy and I will not be going this year. My 85 year old mom fell and broke her femur/hip bone last week. She is in the hospital recovering from repair surgery. We were planning on it originally, we really enjoyed Moab last year....but that's the way things go sometimes.

Doug....sorry I missed you when you were down here, but if we get up there this year for skiing we'll give you a call.

Mark

14. FWP

FWP CRS

Hey Dug Right, sorry missed your call yesterday. I'll be campin at slickrock /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

15. FWP

FWP CRS

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Sorry to hear that Mark.

16. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Well...you got a place to stay anytime there Mark...and a bunch of you AZ CK5'rs i call family...

Springer is on and a done deal...

Tonight is pass seat belt..oil cooler lines(13/32 strato flex)...egr valve...and pack the storage locker i bought...48x18x18...fits between the wheel wells just perfect..

DW

17. Seventy4Blazer

we will meet you tonight at the hotel in flagstaff.
    do not waait for us at yoru house. tell debbie sorry we not make the dinner, and thank you very much for the offer.
    we should pull up to the hotel bout 10PM or so.
    Grant