Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Moab EJS

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by K5BLT4FUN, Mar 20, 2005.

1. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well here I am in Moab, UT at EJS with Steve Frisbie. We have had quite an adventure getting here. We left on Saturday morning and the computer died. Steve limped back to the shop and robbed my TBI computer to get his going. Finally back on the road and spent all day and night driving. Today we have encountered a number of Jeeps, Blazers, Broncos, and Suburbans on the way to Moab. It was sleeting just after we arrived. Hope to get some good pictures while we are here. I will update when I can.

2. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

Sounds LIKE A BLAST!!!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2005
  3. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Layne,

Glad to hear you are headed in the right direction. Give me a call once you get on the trails.

Later,

Neil

4. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well just a quick update from Moab. We met with the folks from Four Wheeler magazine on Monday and did the photo shoot of the project M.O.O.V.E.R. Suburban. It took place behind the Lions Back area. Tuesday morning we again met with the Primedia folks for an invitation only run on Flat Iron Mesa. We were honored to be the trail with the Dodge Power Wagon long term test vehicle as well as a dozen or so jeeps. The trail is quite scenic with only 3 or 4 real challenges, but we did manage to put a dent in the Suburban. At Easter Egg hill we managed to watch a Jeep Rubicon Unlimited with a marketing director from Jeep behind the wheel rollover. We got a good look at the factory skid plates. I forgot my cable so I can't download the pictures,,sorry. We are just goofing around today. We did get to talk to Stephen Watson earlier today. We have a booth area next to him for Thursday and Fridays vendor show. More later as time permits.

5. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

Layne, you're a tease!!

j/k
    Hope you guys are having a blast!

6. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

wow, Project M.O.O.V.E.R doesnt like ECMs does it? i remember Steve telling me about having to throw one in it just to get it on the trailer to take to SEMA.

7. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

Actually the latest glitch was a faulty ignition module. We changed the entire computer to be sure. Check out this link to the EJS article on Fourwheeler's homepage. Guess who had to upright the Rubicon, that's right the fat boy sub. :)
    EJS article

8. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Show off :waytogo: