Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Moab on Easter

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bigd, Jan 29, 2001.

1. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

I was just wonder who was thinking about going.And maybe what days they where planning on.

2. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

Me, Steve, Shawn, maybe Ken(White Whomper), and a friend of mine Dan with a Scout are all going. Of course Stephen will be there. If you are going you had better get your reservations now though or plan on sleeping in Grand Junction.

I thought I was wrong once,
    but I was mistaken

3. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

I'm going too call around this afternoon for reservations.Cool that will make a pretty good group going.What days are you guys planning on leaving and coming back?

4. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

I think Shawn is going the 9th through the 11th. Steve is going the 9th thru the 15th. Dan and I am going either the 9th or the 10th thru the 15. We are going to stay at Moab rim campground. We will have to set up a meeting place to hook up.

but I was mistaken

5. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

I'm going too try too leave the 9th or 10th too.Probably stay till the 14th or 15th.Ya i just called some motels.All i can say is ouch i'm in the wrong business.Called some campgrounds i think pitching a tent is going too be the way.Does the Moab rim campgrounds take reservations.If we leave the same day we will have too caravan or something.I hate too do it but i'm probably going too trailer mine there.Something about free fuel in a company truck that keeps my wallet from screaming in agony.

6. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

Dont feel bad mine makes every trip to Moab on a trailer. I had rather pull it, listen to CD's and have creature comforts. Plus I get 10mpg pulling it or 5.5 driving it. As of Jan. Moab rim was supposed to start taking reservations. Me and Steve have their only two cabins. They are only 35 bucks a night for a bunk bed and a full size with AC. I was able to make my res. back in December because I am a returning customer. It is a nice clean campground. They have a web site and the woman who runs it name is Sue. You might even try to bribe her with real Budwieser. All they have in Utah is 3.2. Left her a half case last trip and we are buddies now.

but I was mistaken

7. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

HOT DAMN! I just found me a new secretary! Not so pretty but Butch will do![​IMG] Butch is correct on the dates. I'm staying at the Super 8. It's one of the larger motels with a pool. Yeah, they are pricey. For me and my wife, it's $79 for Monday and $89 for Tues. I was thinking about camping but it's nice to take a shower since you're covered in red dust after a day of wheeling.

Shawn
    87 K5
    few mods[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.off-road.com/chevy>http://www.off-road.com/chevy</A>

8. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

Hey Shawn I need to talk to you about a raise for all of the work I have been doing LOL

but I was mistaken

9. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Guys, I'm new to the K5 but would like to join you if I can? I'm up in summit county. Do you think they will have anymore sites available? I'm not positive about the dates but would sure like to try. Let me know how I can find out about the sites. My Blazer has 200 miles on it since the rework and needs some fun, me too. Thanks..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]<font color=red> Ride'in High In My K5! [​IMG]

10. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

Butch-
    No raise till you shave those harry legs of yours! [​IMG]

Storm-
    When it gets closer to the day, I'm sure we'll know more when and where we're all meeting. I'd reserve a spot now. I'm not sure who to contact about that.

Shawn
    87 K5
    few mods[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.off-road.com/chevy>http://www.off-road.com/chevy</A>

11. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

Cool.It's going too be a major break in run for me swapping in a automatic and going too build a doubler in march.Finishing my dana 60 now.Hopfully i'll get too break it in before hand.Have a good one guys.

12. i_4x4

i_4x4 1/2 ton status

Hey Shawn

Tto help you support your Motel bill, I'll be willing to pitch $5 in for a hot shower. LOL

Later ED

LET'S ROCK
    Don't follow me you will get STUCK!!

13. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Hay Butch, How about that web site for Sue? I'll bring her a couple of cases if she can hook me up with a spot. Let me know.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]<font color=red> Ride'in High In My K5! [​IMG]

14. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

Pretty sure it is www.moabrimcampground.com if not the # is 1888 599 6622

but I was mistaken